DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Level Horizon Issues

snappy1

Reactions
Does anyone have issues with their MA2 not keeping a level horizon? I often have to manually adjust the gimball while in the air so that my horizon stays level. I have done auto adjustment on a level surface but it doesn't seem to hold for very long. It happens in both video and photo modes.

Quite a common problem with M2P and normally rectified with a replacement R/H gimble arm module.
Return to DJI under warranty if you are still covered.

Quite a common problem with M2P and normally rectified with a replacement R/H gimble arm module.
Return to DJI under warranty if you are still covered.
OP states he has an MA2, rather than an M2P, which is an entirely different camera and gimbal, although all are similar in design. Is R/H right hand? I have a similar issue with one of my M2P cameras, after a flip over at launch. It's out of the 6 month camera warranty. Cost for labor and replacement of the R/H gimbal arm module? Will DJI repair cameras purchased separately from an authorized DJI dealer, without an aircraft?

OP states he has an MA2, rather than an M2P, which is an entirely different camera and gimbal, although all are similar in design. Is R/H right hand? I have a similar issue with one of my M2P cameras, after a flip over at launch. It's out of the 6 month camera warranty. Cost for labor and replacement of the R/H gimbal arm module? Will DJI repair cameras purchased separately from an authorized DJI dealer, without an aircraft?

Yes I believe they are very similar in design, R/H is right hand and it’s the RH module that controls the level of the gimble, with mine I was having to continually manually adjust the horizon mid flight and it sounds like the OP has a similar issue.
From memory the cost would have been £130 from DJI in Europe but was FOC as I was covered by warranty

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'll refresh the topic. I am having mavic air 2 replaced by the service because of the uneven horizon. I have a new mavic air 2 and the horizon is tilting too !! Most often when I turn in the same direction. You can correct it manually, but that's not the point. Does this feature on your mavic air 2?
I don't have an answer, but I understand. I hope someone here does. Before I start shooting media, I always have to "fix" horizon by a couple of degrees. I'm wondering if I need to get a really good automatic gimbal calibration on the ground. I never noticed until DJI made me do a gimbal calibration for video verification. WILL BE WATCHING.!!! Got me thinking of sending mine back...

I don't have an answer, but I understand. I hope someone here does. Before I start shooting media, I always have to "fix" horizon by a couple of degrees. I'm wondering if I need to get a really good automatic gimbal calibration on the ground. I never noticed until DJI made me do a gimbal calibration for video verification. WILL BE WATCHING.!!! Got me thinking of sending mine back...
Yep, after what I just read I am sending mine back. It's not even a month old.

Video shot yesterday, yep horizon a few degrees off until the end. Calibrated gimbal on sunset, sunset and prop shot good on horizon...I am sure the answer is in this forum somewhere, keep searching. This is an old unwatched thread, I don't believe anyone else on this forum will say anything on this one....You may have to start a new post in "mavic air 2 discussions"

Video shot yesterday, yep horizon a few degrees off until the end. Calibrated gimbal on sunset, sunset and prop shot good on horizon...I am sure the answer is in this forum somewhere, keep searching. This is an old unwatched thread, I don't believe anyone else on this forum will say anything on this one....You may have to start a new post in "mavic air 2 discussions"

I am concerned that this is my second drone and has the same problem as the first. I'll send it to the service again, we'll see what they do now. Thanks

I am concerned that this is my second drone and has the same problem as the first. I'll send it to the service again, we'll see what they do now. Thanks
good luck, I am going to recalibrate Imu, compass, and gimbal, hopefully this will take care of my issue, going to do the same flight today. Have a good one@!@!

I have already done all the calibrations and nothing has helped. Let me know when you do the test flight. I am curious if it will help you, how it will help, write what exactly you have done.

Gimbal is working correctly now. I watched your video again, it starts good then it goes bad...I would go ahead and send it back!! Something is wrong. Anyways here is what I did to mine. Set drone on my kitchen counter (level), started everything, check for updates, good, calibrated IMU and then gimbal (automatic) , took drone outside in an open area, my back yard, free of any electrical or magnetic interference, and calibrated compass, started flying drone, horizon good, flew around 15 minutes, very aggressively, horizon was still good, I am happy..Send your drone back, they did not fix it, you're horizon is changing as you fly, not right...I would make sure DJI knows that the gimbal loses orientation during flight.....Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580