DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Liability insurance suggestions?

kona

Reactions
I'd like to get liability insurance just in case. Does anybody have suggestions for insurance companies that might offer this? Thanks!

Reactions: westonmavicpilot
Many have had success with state farm insuring the drone against accidents. Perhaps as well as the collision insurance they offer liability just like on a car or truck.

I'd like to get liability insurance just in case. Does anybody have suggestions for insurance companies that might offer this? Thanks!
If you are looking at getting it while doing individual jobs, try the app Verifly it is a pay as you play (fly) option. It will check to see where you are flying (GPS) and give you a quote on the spot per hour.

Many have had success with state farm insuring the drone against accidents. Perhaps as well as the collision insurance they offer liability just like on a car or truck.

Unfortunately, State Farm doesnt offer drone liability, you have to purchase a homeowners policy to be covered, and in some states they wont cover you for liability for a drone. That's why I mentioned AMA.

I guess it depends on what country you're in?

In the UK you'd use BMFA or FPVUK for liability insurance, i went with FPVUK for now.

Does anybody know of any of these work on Europe as well. I'll be traveling in Italy and Germany later this year and plan to bring the Mavic.

If you have a crash in Europe, and you have a policy in the USA, I dont think you will be covered. If someone steals it, maybe.

Best to check with a State Farm agent and update this thread.

Reactions: kona
Many have had success with state farm insuring the drone against accidents. Perhaps as well as the collision insurance they offer liability just like on a car or truck.[/QUOTE
FYI State Farm does not cover drones in California.

Called State farm and they said they don't cover it for personal use, but that it should be part of home owner insurance. I don't own a home in the US, so I guess I can't get insurance through them?

Last edited:
Liability is already a part of almost every renters insurance policy. What's your main concern? Damage to other people's property and/or bodies while flying your drone?

Seems like most responses were for loss or damage coverage, instead of liability protection (damage to other persons or property).
Normal homeowner's insurance should cover you, as it is normally part of the included coverage.
All the good loss protection suggestions are posted above.

Liability is already a part of almost every renters insurance policy. What's your main concern? Damage to other people's property and/or bodies while flying your drone?

Exactly, the small but non-negligible risks of causing property damage or injuries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929