Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Life Expectancy - Mavic Pro

facasi

Reaction score
Hello,

Using my Mavic Pro since two years ago accumulating the stats attached.

What is the Life Expectancy (Hours) of the DJI Motors on this Drone ?

Thanks20190415_213426.jpeg

STUFF2C

Reaction score
Loc
Central Florida
Ohhh... That's a good question!

Is there a thread with top hours? like flight distance?

Thunderdrones

Drone Repair
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
What is the Life Expectancy (Hours) of the DJI Motors on this Drone ?
The big question is "who is flying the drone?" A careful pilot could have hundreds of hours on the drone.

Ask @Robert Granata

Thunderdrones

Drone Repair
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
I've got about 460 miles on mine so far. Same props, motors as when it came out of the box 2 years ago and everything still seems to be tight. I take pretty good care of mine. Never fly in risky conditions and everything goes in a hardshell case for transport. Probably will fly until the M3P comes out. :)
Or M4

Reactions: PaulRC

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
llanbradach south wales UK
apart from the bearings in the motors and the shafts there are no other wear parts to worry about and if they are kept clean and damage free they should last and last,as Thunderdrones said it is all down to how one flies and looks after the mav

mnis

Reaction score
Loc
Germany, Flensburg
You can certainly hear it, if one of the engines does not feel good at some point, it will eventually start to make unusual noises. But I also have my M1P for two years and everything seems to be good. Dust and sand should be avoided as best as possible. So takeoff and landing of dirty surfaces is the main problem. Whenever possible, use a landing pad, a large piece of cardboard or similar and everything will be fine. But also extremely humid climate of long duration could become a big opponent in the fight against wear ...

Robert Granata

Reaction score
The big question is "who is flying the drone?" A careful pilot could have hundreds of hours on the drone.

Ask @Robert Granata
Since December 29, 2016 my original Mavic Pro has 6,818 miles and 504 hours in the air. I don't fly it much since I got the M2P, but no problems with the motors. I think it is more likely that other components will fail before the motors. I had Thunderdrones replace a shaky gimbal at about 6,500 miles.

Seth P

Reaction score
You can certainly hear it, if one of the engines does not feel good at some point, it will eventually start to make unusual noises. But I also have my M1P for two years and everything seems to be good. Dust and sand should be avoided as best as possible. So takeoff and landing of dirty surfaces is the main problem. Whenever possible, use a landing pad, a large piece of cardboard or similar and everything will be fine. But also extremely humid climate of long duration could become a big opponent in the fight against wear ...
If you need to clean out dust I take off the closure plate underneath the motor and use compressed air.

Thunderdrones

Drone Repair
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
Since December 29, 2016 my original Mavic Pro has 6,818 miles and 504 hours in the air. I don't fly it much since I got the M2P, but no problems with the motors. I think it is more likely that other components will fail before the motors. I had Thunderdrones replace a shaky gimbal at about 6,500 miles.
I hope many follow in your footsteps.

Reactions: CJH92474 and mnis

kidroc

Reaction score
My mp1 has over 4300 miles just bought 4 new batts to start replacing my six well used all at or over two hundred charges if you take care of her she will last for sure.

Reactions: careless

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DronePilotsServices