DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifting a Glider with the Mini 2

That is a fantastic idea. I now have to get my old retired glider out, dust it off, tune it up and fly it again...

Reactions: Len750
That's pretty cool.

It's still a DLG (Discus Launch Glider) but now it stands for Drone Launch Glider LOL

I would imagine that's a bit of a load for the Mini2 and I would be concerned about the lift cord flipping up into one of the props as I have had done with my Yuneec H520 before. We now use a more "rigid" release mechanism for the H520 to prevent this.

Great ingenuity by doing this with adding almost no weight or complexity to the DLG at all. Brilliant!!

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
Looks like something I would do. I've flown two craft in the air at the same time before. But, get too nervous monitoring both at the same time, so I rarely if ever do it. I prefer to have another person with me. I would just be afraid the other aircraft that's not being monitored might drift off somewhere without me noticing it.

Great idea.. I've flown 2 drones just to get a picture of my bird in the air.. also recovered a drone from a roof with my Air 2..

Attachments

• dji_export_1639489403098.jpg
    dji_export_1639489403098.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
Surprised he didn't bring a sled with a small table or chair out there to set things on or sit on. Not sure I'd want to set an R/C down in the snow...

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.

Thanks for the reply. I thought he must’ve been doing it from a control service linkage or a dedicated servo. Pretty cool though.

Last edited:
There is a latch on the aleron and when he wants to release it he just cycles the alerion and it releases.
Thank you. I was mystified about the release mechanism. I've never flown an RC glider.

Very impressive, and captivating. The clip could use some editing, like purging the first 2 minutes or so, but it was worth the wait!

:)

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7