DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting question...

Js415

Reactions
Today I received my order of Firehouse Technologies lights, and a set of holders from Phantom Help.

Has anybody come up with a way to keep the lights "semi-permanently" mounted in the holders? I would really like to keep them in the holders so I can just pop them on and off whenever I want to.

As it is now, they sit in there pretty loosely, and will probably come apart from the holders when I take them off. I thought about a small dab of silicone on both side, just to hold them in place.

Anybody else have any good ideas or methods that you have used?

Thanks,

Jerry

Today I received my order of Firehouse Technologies lights, and a set of holders from Phantom Help.

Has anybody come up with a way to keep the lights "semi-permanently" mounted in the holders? I would really like to keep them in the holders so I can just pop them on and off whenever I want to.

As it is now, they sit in there pretty loosely, and will probably come apart from the holders when I take them off. I thought about a small dab of silicone on both side, just to hold them in place.

Anybody else have any good ideas or methods that you have used?

Thanks,

Jerry
Hi Jerry. I have been thinking about these lights for sometime, it's not for night time flying and I'm wondering if they could still be seen during the daytime flights, as you probably realise it's to overcome VLOS.

Kind regards

John

'm wondering if they could still be seen during the daytime flights, as you probably realise it's to overcome VLOS.

John, I have the FHT duals (2 led) and the ARCII (4 led red / white).
Both add very good visibility in daylight too, if you fit either, you will see your drone much further for sure at any time of day.

If you have a smaller drone, get the Dual, the size of a small postage stamp.
The ARCIIs are almost double that size, but still very small for output, and light(weight).

Funny, the suppliers own website comes up very poorly in a google search, amazon and ebay outlets come up way before . . . and these prices may be comparative, just shop around.
Try their site direct is motorcycle speaker atv speakers DJI Autel Parrot yuneec drone strobe lights

Click on both the drone strobe light faa, and drone strobe light kits links, their website is a bit all over the place with those 2 pages, they should just combine them all together.

Depends what you want as to getting the mixed colour kits, or just plain white strobe (ARCII or Dual) for VLOS, as white is by far the most visible of all the options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
I don't see how much the lights weigh. The stand alone strobes are impressive

I don't see how much the lights weigh. The stand alone strobes are impressive

About 4gm and 6 gm respectively for the FHT Dual and ArcII.

The larger FHT Spark and other brands like the Lumecube strobe are up around the 30gm mark.
That in itself is not a deal breaker to me, but every bit adds up I suppose, and the extra bulk with finding a spot for them, and perhaps more wind resistance is more an issue sometimes.

Reactions: GregE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98