DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightroom Mobile

bethcdrake

Reactions
Newbie to the forum. I’m getting ready to upgrade from an Air2 with a kit controller to a 2Pro and trying to decide if I want the smart controller this time. I’m sold on the display and convenience features, but social media convenience is a concern for me. Aside from being a professional photographer doing commercial work, I also run a mega group on facebook and heavily use instagram, so it’s not unusual for me fly, shoot, edit, and post with my phone while I’m still out in the field. The workflow is easy with Lightroom Mobile and fb apps. But I’m unsure if I can do all this from the smart controller. Does LR Mobile work on SC? Can I load edited images from SC to fb and ig? Does SC have cellular service, wifi, hotspot from phone?

TIA,
Beth

Newbie to the forum. I’m getting ready to upgrade from an Air2 with a kit controller to a 2Pro and trying to decide if I want the smart controller this time. I’m sold on the display and convenience features, but social media convenience is a concern for me. Aside from being a professional photographer doing commercial work, I also run a mega group on facebook and heavily use instagram, so it’s not unusual for me fly, shoot, edit, and post with my phone while I’m still out in the field. The workflow is easy with Lightroom Mobile and fb apps. But I’m unsure if I can do all this from the smart controller. Does LR Mobile work on SC? Can I load edited images from SC to fb and ig? Does SC have cellular service, wifi, hotspot from phone?

TIA,
Beth
Dear Beth,

I can only answer a few of your topics:
* SC only has WiFi, so you would have to connect to a hotspot from your mobile
* SC does not have Google Play store available (but it can be side loaded), so you would have to do extra steps to even get lightroom on the SC
* SC has rather old hardware (when compared to modern mobiles), so I think the better choice would be to do all the steps from your workflow on your mobile (which you would need anyway to connect to the internet)...

BR,
Georg

TIA,
Beth
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

If you go with a CS for your pending M2P you can get a 7.8” screen for less than an SC. I own both but much prefer my 7.8”CS when flying my M2P.

Or the tripltek monitor. Fantastic bright screen and a beast of a tablet for doing what you want. I have all three and am using the tripltek exclusively now. Those guys have really come up with a great product for RPAS and the lifthor mounts pair really well.

Trying to put LR mobile on the SC removes most of the point of the SC - that is a device optimised purely for flying with no extra clutter, instabilities or performance issues associated with other 3rd part apps.

Its also fairly old hardware and software so if LR mobile works at all, i wouldn't expect it to be great.

I just BT or dropbox across files from the SC to my tablet or mobile if i want to do any field editing.
Remember you cant download the raw files to the SC from the drone directly as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929