DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightweight Launch pads:

Rogerlin

Reactions
Hi,

I have a 1m Hoodman which is brilliant, but, I just can`t get the knack of folding the **** thing up, my wife can do it in seconds so I understand it`s me being a bit dim...however, it is a bit heavy and I could do with a lightweight, small pad which I can travel abroad with, loads on the internet but any sdvice or experiences would be appreciated..

Hi,

I have a 1m Hoodman which is brilliant, but, I just can`t get the knack of folding the **** thing up, my wife can do it in seconds so I understand it`s me being a bit dim...

I still do, lol... you wonna see me trying to fold it in the field, it’s quite comical. It’s even worse when there’s people about:mad: how many times I’ve practiced this indoors...... still no better;)

I bought the one on DJIs store when I bought the M2Z. I got tired of makeshift pads that fly up with prop wash and being bulky.

I too had issues folding spring forms like car wind screens but I finally got the knack.

I bought the one on DJIs store when I bought the M2Z. I got tired of makeshift pads that fly up with prop wash and being bulky.

I too had issues folding spring forms like car wind screens but I finally got the knack.

Yep me toooo but it definitely took a while to get the hang of it;)

Im after a square foldable pad to go in my case, needs to be a half decent size though, any ideas??

Reactions: Porky
My pad don’t fit in our B&W cases;);) I was a bit gutted but it’s not a problem carrying it in the other hand. It’s about 11inches diameter, you would need something about 9inches;)

Im after a square foldable pad to go in my case, needs to be a half decent size though, any ideas??

Foz, just found this on amazon, plus it should fit inside your case;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BMWZFTQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07BMWZFTQ

Edit, here’s another one, looks much better

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PGYTECH-Po...EG71421839T&psc=1&refRID=S83K8EBYPEG71421839T

@Rogerlin take a look at these, gives you an idea what to look out for. Nice and compact for traveling;) you should be able to get them on amazon where you are.

Last edited:
Foz, just found this on amazon, plus it should fit inside your case;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BMWZFTQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07BMWZFTQ

Edit, here’s another one, looks much better

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PGYTECH-Po...EG71421839T&psc=1&refRID=S83K8EBYPEG71421839T

@Rogerlin take a look at these, gives you an idea what to look out for. Nice and compact for traveling;) you should be able to get them on amazon where you are.
Ordered, nice one buddy ;)

I still do, lol... you wonna see me trying to fold it in the field, it’s quite comical. It’s even worse when there’s people about:mad: how many times I’ve practiced this indoors...... still no better;)

Thanks for the video. Mine folds correctly about a quarter of the time and fights with me 3/4. But I have always held it at half rather than a third as in the video. Can’t wait to try it. I have noticed that as it gets older the metal spring seems to have a soft spot.

Hi,

I have a 1m Hoodman which is brilliant, but, I just can`t get the knack of folding the **** thing up, my wife can do it in seconds so I understand it`s me being a bit dim...however, it is a bit heavy and I could do with a lightweight, small pad which I can travel abroad with, loads on the internet but any sdvice or experiences would be appreciated..

You want to know how I know you've never owned a bandsaw? LOL

Seriously though, that's how the blades are folded & stored. You have to VERY CAREFUL unfolding them though!

As a photographer I use reflectors. The secret to folding a round landing pad here goes. Take left hand holding reflector with thumb pointing up take right hand holding reflector with thumb pointing down and twist left hand forward right hand backward and bam the metal outer band will collapse. I use this landing pad, some folks complain it will fly off if you don't stake it down, my response is if the wind starts moving my landing pad then I am not about to launch my drone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZYNCMI

Side note bought my wife a Tello should be here today. She is excited, hope she gets the drone fever o I can give her my Mavic Pro Platinum and I can get the Mavic Pro Zoom.

Not want to hijack this thread but for what what does one need a landing pad?

Kinda for the same reason people put blankets down on the beach. Keeps sand, dirt, and other debris out of their sensors.

Reactions: Rich55
Kinda for the same reason people put blankets down on the beach. Keeps sand, dirt, and other debris out of their sensors.

Good answer;) plus it protects the gimbal from hitting the ground. I always got a gimbal overload error before I took off. Now I flatten the grass down, place my pad on the ground, spike it then I’m good to go. No problems since then;)

Reactions: Rich55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7