DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limiting left to right movement of the gimbal

MonarchzMan

Reactions
I know you can pan the gimbal left or right by dragging your finger on the screen. I like this option, but is there any way to limit how far the gimbal turns left or right? Basically, it'd be nice to have this option but be able up set a limit so that the props and legs don't get in the shot. Does this option exist?

tbh i didnt even know this option was availabe. wow im about to check it out
Its not very easy to move it accurately and the only way to re-center it is to hit the button for gimbal down and hit it again for gimbal up...
Kind of a PITA to me...

Its not very easy to move it accurately and the only way to re-center it is to hit the button for gimbal down and hit it again for gimbal up...
Kind of a PITA to me...
I like the idea of it, and I think it depends on what sort of shot you really want to achieve. I've not found it too difficult to manage, but then again, I've only been doing general sweeping sort of shots. I just got my Mavic 2, so I'm still playing with features at the moment.

But yea, recentering the gimbal is annoying. It'd be nice if they added a button that you could tap and it'd recenter (along with limiting the left to right).

I'm kind of surprised they don't have a way to limit left to right movement given that they do for up and down (as I understand it, for the specific reason of avoiding props in footage). I can see how people would be annoyed with it if they accidentally dragged their finger, so it seems like it'd be prudent to be able to limit or turn off the side to side movement.

What I found difficult was the fact that it also tilts. I found it very hard to pan without tilting it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty