DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Line of sight strobes.

One at the back and one in front? Probably whatever works best for how you fly. Certainly room on the sides.27840C08-2138-499E-A459-17A3D8210ADE.jpeg

Which flys faster........
drone in Reverse or
drone in Forward...........??‍♂️ ( zero wind conditions )

What would be the ideal location for line of sight strobes on a Mavic Mini?
Firehouse white X4 on bottom just behind camera. I also put X4 green on battery door. Does not trigger "Payload."

One at the back and one in front? Probably whatever works best for how you fly. Certainly room on the sides.
Starz, may I ask what lights you have installed in your picture and where you purchased from? Also, curious if you have had any problems flying your Mavic Mini at night or low illumination? Thanks!

Starz, may I ask what lights you have installed in your picture and where you purchased from? Also, curious if you have had any problems flying your Mavic Mini at night or low illumination? Thanks!
This is the one I like the best. Has three light modes. Also available through phantomhelp.com. No problems at night.

Reactions: x-uas
These look nice! I wish there was a way to turn them on/off remotely.

Anyone have any in flight pics of them?

Thanks,
Mark

Here are the 600 lumins ones that you want. Or pick a different combination. drone strobe lightsfirehouse 4
Those are a bit larger than the ones with two lights. I haven’t found that from a visibility standpoint they are any better. The specs may say something different, but the two light system works fine and they don’t take up as much space.

Reactions: x-uas
I just ordered a white one from Starz post. Thinking of just putting it on the back of the drone, so I can track the bird as I move forward on my journeys ?

Thanks for the info...

Has anyone had a problem with the MM going into “payload mode” with line of sight strobes installed? Mine goes into payload mode with the FlyMore blade guards attached! I‘m concerned that regular flying with supplemental lighting might trigger payload mode - even it they are only a few grams each. Thoughts?

I've added 3 cree 4 led lights with velcro and it has not triggered "payload." These are the Firehouse 600 lumen variety. The blade guards do trigger "Payload."

I've added 3 cree 4 led lights with velcro and it has not triggered "payload." These are the Firehouse 600 lumen variety. The blade guards do trigger "Payload."
Thanks CareyL! I’m wondering if you would like to share a photo of your mounting setup with the 4-led Firehouse lights? I was worried they might be too big or difficult to find a spot to mount on the MM. I was thinking I would really like the extra lighting and battery life over the 2-leds, but they are more $$. Also wondering if you have a day and night in-flight photos? Thanks in advance!

Thanks CareyL! I’m wondering if you would like to share a photo of your mounting setup with the 4-led Firehouse lights? I was worried they might be too big or difficult to find a spot to mount on the MM. I was thinking I would really like the extra lighting and battery life over the 2-leds, but they are more $$. Also wondering if you have a day and night in-flight photos? Thanks in advance!
Here’s a comparison with distance night photo/vid comparison. It may be what you’re looking for:

Reactions: x-uas and CareyL
We have strobe mounts for the Mini for the Flytron and most of the Firehouse Technology strobes. You can find them HERE
I still think the Firehouse Tech Dual is the best for the Mavic Mini just because of the size. I recommend minimum 1 front and 1 back. Here are the sizes and weights of the most popular strobes out right now:
Strobe Selection Guide.jpg
As you can see you get a lot of brightness out of the FH Dual for the size and 3.35g weight.
In addition to the video above, I did another one comparing the ARC II, Lightning and Lume Cube, you can watch below:

Reactions: x-uas and Thomas B
Wow great selection guide and video! Thanks, this was exactly some of the info I was looking for. @Aerial-Pixel, I’m curious if you see any video degradation on the Mavic Mini using the Firehouse Duals on front and back as you recommended? Also specifically in regards to the MM, would your recommend getting all white ones (for better visibility) or different colors (red, green, white) to help with orientation? Thanks again!

Wow great selection guide and video! Thanks, this was exactly some of the info I was looking for. @Aerial-Pixel, I’m curious if you see any video degradation on the Mavic Mini using the Firehouse Duals on front and back as you recommended? Also specifically in regards to the MM, would your recommend getting all white ones (for better visibility) or different colors (red, green, white) to help with orientation? Thanks again!
On the Mavic Mini since there are no front LED's I do recommend the 3 color setup for orientation. Firehouse sells a 3 pack (white, red, green) HERE.
Or at minimum 1 differing color on the front and back will help with orientation, like 1 red on the front and 1 white on the back. IMHO white is the brightest for both daytime and night flying, then red, then green.
1197043203.jpg

Reactions: Zeke and x-uas
Thanks again! Any issues with the video that you noticed with this setup?
No you won't be able to see the strobe lights in most instances, you would be able to see the light from the strobes if you were in close proximity to an object though, but that is expected from any light source. You may also be able to see the strobe flashing if you are in fog or mist, but that's generally not a great time to fly anyway.
As far as video transmission I haven't noticed the strobes mounted on the front feet causing any signal interference, I've taken it out over a mile with no problems.

Reactions: Thomas B and x-uas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout