DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Linking two mavics into one remote

WATCHMAKUH

Reactions
Hello,

I loved my mavic so much that I had to get another as back up. My question is...

Could I link two mavics into one remote (given that I operate it one mavic at a time)?

Did not want to lug around another remote when I could use the one remote to control the other.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My understanding is that the remote can only be linked with one Mavic Pro at a time. If you want to re-link every time you switch Mavic's I suppose you could do that, however, it would probably be easier to just find room for the other remote honestly

Reactions: WATCHMAKUH
I understand that linking two remotes for one mavic will result in one remote losing connectivity. But would it work the other way around?

My understanding is that the remote can only be linked with one Mavic Pro at a time. If you want to re-link every time you switch Mavic's I suppose you could do that, however, it would probably be easier to just find room for the other remote honestly

Thank you! That may be my only option [emoji28]

No problem! I come from the model aircraft world where remotes had "Model Memory" and you could bind multiple aircraft to the same remote, however, in the world of prebuilt drones the manufacturers are really pushing 1 to 1 :-/ Constantly re-binding would be time consuming and put a lot of wear on the Mavic SD slot door (which a few people have already had break), so as inconvenient as it may be, bringing the second remote is probably the way to go. The other advantage of course is if you ever forget to charge the remote battery (or something breaks on one) then you'll have a spare on-site and ready to go.

Reactions: WATCHMAKUH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22