DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lipo Battery Safe Charging

BBOjai

Reactions
Been reading a lot about the dangers of charging lipo’s. I’ve been charging on my work bench (after cooled to room temp) for a couple of years now with no problems. However, I want to avoid ANY future possibilities of a fire. I’ve read about using Lipo safe boxes and wondering if leaving the battery in the “Lipo Safe Individual Battery Soft Case” that I store each battery in is sufficient & SAFE. Wondering about lack of air circulation or battery getting too warm in the enclosed case. Appreciate feedback, Thanks.

Great airbus page online, the PDF doc can be saved and looked over now and then.

Halon now banned in most countries, use dedicated clean agent extinguisher, or powder ABE and BE, carbon dioxide.

Most important is in early stages, before they 'runaway', cool with copious amounts of cold (non alc) fluid, water, lemonade, whatever.

Personally I've always wondered about lipo bags and the heat during the self discharge cycle.
I don't have them for travel or storage, but keep the batteries in a cool dry environment, and only put away when they are at the discharge, or slightly less after flights.
They get charged the night before flight in a safe place, when I'm in the room . . . typically office on metal stand, might add bed of sand in that tray.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr