DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

List: “When to Stop Using MA battery for Flight”

i have not heard of any of those reasons to retire a perfectly good batttery, if all the cells are good and close to each other and shes a healthy battery i dont see any reason to retire it, if your getting errors or the cells are far apart then sure,,,,, but if shes healthy keep using her

MA is my first DJI drone. Best I’ve owned so far. 113 flights, 9 hrs fly time on original battery; no issues. New replacement battery is on order. I looked for guidance on when to retire the used battery and found none, so I will start a list here. Please correct me and upgrade the list to help get the most use with the least risk:

DO NOT USE THE MA BATTERY TO FLY WHEN:

1. Battery total flights have reached 200.
2. Battery total time reaches 20 hrs.
3. Battery reaches 1 year since first flight.
4. Battery has not been cycled in 6 months.

I'll tell you what, if you want to discard your battery using those parameters... I'll send you my address and some shipping money.

MA is my first DJI drone. Best I’ve owned so far. 113 flights, 9 hrs fly time on original battery; no issues. New replacement battery is on order. I looked for guidance on when to retire the used battery and found none, so I will start a list here. Please correct me and upgrade the list to help get the most use with the least risk:

DO NOT USE THE MA BATTERY TO FLY WHEN:

1. Battery total flights have reached 200.
2. Battery total time reaches 20 hrs.
3. Battery reaches 1 year since first flight.
4. Battery has not been cycled in 6 months.
Please edit this post as to not spread misinformation for future readers that only read your first post.

As you said, you have found no "guidance" on this question, so next time just ask for input, don't write your own. General rule of thumb for Lithium batteries is 500-1000 cycles but that is highly dependent on use and battery quality. Your 20 hrs guideline means that you would have to discard your battery after 60, 20 minute flights...That's a bit ridiculous. Same with the 1 year rule, if you treat your batteries properly. All of my DJI batteries have been great after 2+ years, minimum. The 6 month cycle guideline is to help ensure that the battery loses minimal life, not that it is useless if you don't do it.

Reactions: swooshdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU