DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - "Above Ground" feature

JeanVos

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I am struggling with this; I can setup the mission and select the "above ground" and the mission flies 100% and follows the suggested altitude perfectly, but I fail to get my camera to point at the POI. My POI is about 70 m higher than my takeoff point. I flew about 5 missions with different POI settings; Above ground ticket, unticked, -70 m altitude, +70, etc. In the process confused myself as well and my camera never tilts down to the POI...

When the mission uploads to the Mavic is it actually there or does it come from the iPhone? Must it be in range? The POI is out of RC and Video range. Is this maybe the problem? Close missions works perfectly, but then the altitude is more or less the same as the takeoff altitude...

I could not find any videos with "above ground", Many on "relative to ground". Is it the same?

Regards

You have not defined a POI within the mission that you linked so that might explain it. You have 10 Waypoints defined and yet no POI.

Please try a right click on the area where you want to drop a POI. Then in settings choose Focus on POI combined with (Custom WD) clicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: bikegit
Works fine for me?? I removed a couple of erroneous?? way points... But goes good! I also put the POI at 3mtrs instead of -2!
Also, you have no home waypoint, but I dont know if that bit is the end of your mission, or you are going to fly on somewhere else.

Weird! When I first accessed the saved Mission from the Mission Hub I was expecting to see a POI in the center of the flight path , but it WAS NOT shown. Hence , my post above. Since I could not see it I would suggest deleting it and then going right back in and defining it once again. Im going to export it to KML 3 D path and fly it myself within Google Earth Pro next.

Weird! When I first accessed the saved Mission from the Mission Hub I was expecting to see a POI in the center of the flight path , but it WAS NOT shown. Hence , my post above. Since I could not see it I would suggest deleting it and then going right back in and defining it once again. Im going to export it to KML 3 D path and fly it myself within Google Earth Pro next.

Are you sure???? 'Tis a sunday here in Oz, a few beers by the Barby???;)Thumbswayup

Mate try Narmirda's app, it will do all the hard work for you! Its great! And, yes it will open up in GE pro.
As I said, delete a couple of waypoints, change the height to 3 mtrs, good flight I reckon?

Are you sure???? 'Tis a sunday here in Oz, a few beers by the Barby???;)Thumbswayup

Mate try Narmirda's app, it will do all the hard work for you! Its great! And, yes it will open up in GE pro.
As I said, delete a couple of waypoints, change the height to 3 mtrs, good flight I reckon?

I use Lichti Virtual Mission all the time. I could swear when I opened the mission within the Lichti Mission Hub there was not a POI defined. I virtual flew the mission and I dont show the gimbal pitch downward towards the POI either. I think the suggestion to lower the POI is a good one. It is currently set at minus 7 feet and is subterranean.

Untitled.jpg Hmm, I dont get it, works fine in VLM for me?

Last edited:
Well I opened the mission from Lichti online Mission planner and for starters the mission is different from your screen shot. See mine here

Here's my fly through. Which ends without completing the entire mission -oddly.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I have heard/read that the gimbal transitions will not adjust if the craft is not connected to the RC. Only yaw works. Not sure about height changes. Sorry, I can't back it up.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

It is strange that some of you do not see POI #1 and some do.

So, must "above ground" for the POI # 1 be ticked? And does it then automatically calculate the correct altitude of that POI to enable the gimbal to follow? If it's a high something (tree) is that altitude the base of the object? Or must I provide altitude based on the info provided. See the file attachment. This is what I have now, but I have not tried it...

Dude says "...the gimbal transitions will not adjust if the craft is not connected to the RC. Only yaw works. Not sure about height changes." Is this so?

Thanks All...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 08.18.08.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 08.18.08.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 16
Well I opened the mission from Lichti online Mission planner and for starters the mission is different from your screen shot. See mine here

Here's my fly through. Which ends without completing the entire mission -oddly.

Yeah mate, remember when I said I removed a couple of 'erroneous way points'?
Thats the same now.
However your fly thru doesn't focus on the POI, but mine screen grab does??

Re. Gimbal waypoint pitch, per the manual: "
Waypoint Gimbal Pitch
Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller."
If known path will be out or RC range, I'll adjust gimbal pitch to generally get the view at a waypoint or 2 prior to going out of range.

Reactions: ratjr15
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes