DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Actions not working

Bofman51

Reactions
Hi all, new to Litchi.
I have been experimenting with Litchi using Mission Hub to create missions with actions at some waypoints. I have set the 'path mode' settings to straight lines and also made sure there are no curves in the flight plan. When I test the mission in Virtual Litchi Mission on Google Earth, the actions are completely ignored. Simple commands like 'stop 10 seconds, rotate, take photo'. All are ignored both in real life when I execute the mission and in VLM. I'm flying Mavic Air with all latest firmware installed.
Can anyone throw some light on this please.

Hum, short answer from my memory. I think that VML when transferred to Goggle Earth, the Actions that your asking about don't show up, I think It was on his thread?

Share you mission from the hub, maybe somebody can see whats wrong.

Here is a post that I helped on
Crashed my P3S. Time to learn how to fix.

Well since @sar104, posted before I could finish my post. ;)
Sar, please look at this one: Divorce is inevitable, MM and me

Rod

Hum, short answer from my memory. I think that VML when transferred to Goggle Earth, the Actions that your asking about don't show up, I think It was on his thread?

Share you mission from the hub, maybe somebody can see whats wrong.

Here is a post that I helped on
Crashed my P3S. Time to learn how to fix.

Well since @sar104, posted before I could finish my post. ;)
Sar, please look at this one: Divorce is inevitable, MM and me

Rod

The flight log in that thread appears to have been removed.

Well crap OK. Your off the hook for now.
I may have a copy on the work computer, hum is it worth my time and yours probably not.....

Was actually surprised he did post it.....
Thanks for looking!

Rod

@Bofman51 FYI - when I click on the link you provided it just brings up the Mission Hub and in my case the area where I am - not showing any missions

On previous missions, I didn't have path mode in settings set to straight lines, It was set to curves. I had no curves in the waypoint settings. Do you think that may have been the problem?
I will test the flight asap but at the moment there are lawn mowing contractors at that park. It's the middle of the day here.

You still got some of your waypoints with curves, wp#3, etc. I know it doesn't make sense but I make sure they are all 0.

Rod

I don't know why Litchi inserted those curves but I have removed them now and still no change.

I don't know why Litchi inserted those curves but I have removed them now and still no change.
So have you reran it?
Or it don't work correctly in GEarth, from VLM?

Somebody brought this curve thing to my attention a few years ago. Back then if you adding way points by clicking on the map, it would do what every it was in settings, but if you pressed insert button between two waypoints, it didn't follow the rules.

So I check, recheck, etc....

Rod

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just realized I didn't have a link on post #3
"Hum, short answer from my memory. I think that VML when transferred to Goggle Earth, the Actions that your asking about don't show up, I think It was on his thread?"
Virtual Litchi Mission

Rod

Okay guys, all sorted. Just tested that mission and results were perfect even though the wind was gusting to 25 kts.
Rod, you are correct. The actions do not show up in the VML even though they do work in real time missions.

Points to note:
  1. Settings in Mission Hub, the path mode must be set to 'straight lines'
  2. Curve sizes set in Waypoint Settings do not show as curves in Mission Hub
  3. Check all waypoints to ensure all curve sizes are set to zero.
Thanks for your help guysThumbswayup

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks for the update, we learn what works or don't, I think I learn more trying help others... ;)

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

As my dad says, "Its hard to be humble when your great". :)

My head was spinning yesterday, I was participating in this thread also.

P3 Pro on S8 Note + Litchi wont run Waypoint Missions

See if you got any tips if he replies.

Rod

This a gr8 thread - really appreciate the comments.
Let me get this straight. It seems that when running a VLM through Google Earth the Google Earth program IGNORES any Actions that were set when creating or editing the Actions setup at each waypoint when running the VIRTUAL flight. But ..... when transferring these missions the Actions ARE executed during the REAL flight. Is this correct ???

I was really falling in love with this aspect of Litchi but if it works this way it seems the whole thing is really pretty useless other than just for fun.

I was really hoping to just be able to create a mission with camera and other functionality and then just go to the real world and and execute it saving a lot of time and work. Seems not the case.

It seems that when running a VLM through Google Earth the Google Earth program IGNORES any Actions that were set when creating or editing the Actions setup at each waypoint when running the VIRTUAL flight. But ..... when transferring these missions the Actions ARE executed during the REAL flight. Is this correct ???

That's right. When running the mission through Google Earth (VLM), the 'actions' are ignored but when executing that mission in real life using the Litchi app, the 'actions' are accomplished.
I was really hoping to just be able to create a mission with camera and other functionality and then just go to the real world and and execute it saving a lot of time and work. Seems not the case.
You can design a mission using 'actions' that will work and save you a lot of time it's just that the functions of those actions will not show in VLM. You can still organize your flight path, altitude, speed, start recording, take photo, etc

Bofman51,

thx for the quick and concise response on this. Yes, you can do all those things virtually, however, as I understand it, the real intent is to able to iterate through the mission virtually with everything set as the way you intend to fly it for real so that you know in advance what you will get.
Without these ‘Actions’ executing correctly in GE I do not see a way to accomplish that which means that you still have to make multiple flights to get it right. Certainly not optimum.

I understand where your coming from. Also I find that 3D modeling in GE can be useless in some areas especially where I live. As an example I set up a mission to fly past a bridge that adjoins our world class sport stadium and then circle the stadium. I was hoping to use VLM to ascertain the altitude needed for good video footage. Unfortunately although the aerial image shows the two structures when you fly the mission in GE the bridge is non existent and the stadium is a construction site of earthworks and tower cranes. Totally useless.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929