DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi, adding new POI changes *some* existing waypoints in mission!?

marklyn

Reactions
Has anyone else experienced waypoints which have no POI's set or set to "none" changing on their own when you add a new POI in Litchi? This happens to me and the strange thing is that most of the waypoints behave and don't change but in the short video example below, two of them change to point to the new POI.
This is from the Litchi Mission Hub website.
Here it is on Vimeo:

Last edited:
strange behaviour indeed, you can send queries to [email protected]

and your FB link doesnt work, set it to public

I took off the fb link, couldn't get it set to public, guessing it's because it's on their fb page. not sure. I've sent this to the email address you posted. Unfortunately, this, and other "issues" were mostly ignored so I thought I'd start posting issues to a more public forum. Maybe Litchi will be more inclined to look into it.

I have another Litchi mission where I have 10 waypoints over a 3 mile run. I have no POI's in the mission and verified *all* waypoints are set to none. Yet, when I drop a new POI on the map and move it around, *all* 10 waypoints follow the POI. When I check them again, all 10 have a POI=1. Other missions have mixed results. Sometimes it's 2-3 waypoints that change from no POI to POI=1. Most of my missions don't use POI's due to this glitch which I discovered months ago and reported to Litchi with no response.

Switch to Drone Harmony, you will enjoy it much much more without the problems.

Not heard of that, it's gotta be Android as it's not on the iOS AppStore

I'm considering abandoning Litchi. I sure do like it though. The one thing they have above anyone else is that you can program your missions on your computer, which is so much easier than doing it on a phone/tablet. I'm keeping my eye on other stuff but don't like to dish out $20+ for software with poor support and infrequent updates.

It is true that support is poor but there are plenty of updates for it.

OK, so I found out what the "problem" was, but it's not a problem, it's a design intention. Maybe this will help someone else...
When you create a mission in the Mission Hub, all waypoints automatically are pointing North (0 degrees).
Any waypoints that are set to 0 degrees will automatically point to a new POI that you drop on the map.
Litchi implied this was a design intention (although I told them I felt it was more of a bug/hinderence), but oh well.
To work around this, all you have to do is to change any waypoints you don't want to follow/point to a new POI by at least 1 degree (ie: 359 or 1 for "almost North").
That way, anytime you drop a POI on your mission map, as long as none of your WP's are set to 0 heading, they will stay fixed (unless you change a WP to point to a POI purposefully).

Oh, while I had their attention I asked if they'd consider adding colors to POI's and associating any WP's with the same color if they are pointing to that particular POI.

OK, so I found out what the "problem" was, but it's not a problem, it's a design intention. Maybe this will help someone else...
When you create a mission in the Mission Hub, all waypoints automatically are pointing North (0 degrees).
Any waypoints that are set to 0 degrees will automatically point to a new POI that you drop on the map.
Litchi implied this was a design intention (although I told them I felt it was more of a bug/hinderence), but oh well.
To work around this, all you have to do is to change any waypoints you don't want to follow/point to a new POI by at least 1 degree (ie: 359 or 1 for "almost North").
That way, anytime you drop a POI on your mission map, as long as none of your WP's are set to 0 heading, they will stay fixed (unless you change a WP to point to a POI purposefully).

Oh, while I had their attention I asked if they'd consider adding colors to POI's and associating any WP's with the same color if they are pointing to that particular POI.

Well done mate, I'm sure this will be helpful to others.

When I export waypoints from Google Earth for importing into MC, all waypoints switch to newly added POI until the angle of each waypoint, which has the 5 decimal point value, is changed to a whole number. Once the angle is a whole number, everything returns to normal.

Workaround: after importing GE placemarks into MC, select 2 points initially before creating your first POI.

ps Already tried changing the GPS coordinate format in GE to decimal.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag