DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Mavic Air.

Carterlarry

Reactions
Looking to use Litchi with my Mavic Air (I have a wedding business) exploring of adding this option.
Question. Does Litchi and Mavic Air play well together
Question. Is there something better or preferred

Can only answer the first. Yes Litchi works very well with my Mavik Air. My only comment really is that there is not much in the way of documentation, thus the software hides a lot of its features. You need to play with it and experiment a bit before "Professional" use I reckon. But it is also quite intuitive if that's not a contradiction..

Hope that was useful. I have heard there is another control software other than the DJI GO. Worth looking for...

I have never had missions in hills/mountains but I gather that you need to be very careful about altitude. Litchi does allow for changes in altitude, if you check the right boxes, relative to your take off altitude. I am not sure how precise that is. The only “Problem” I have experienced is the gimbal tilt on starting a mission so I interpolate the first waypoint with the desired tilt angle as well as use the tilt function in the actions section.

I have never had missions in hills/mountains but I gather that you need to be very careful about altitude. Litchi does allow for changes in altitude, if you check the right boxes, relative to your take off altitude. I am not sure how precise that is. The only “Problem” I have experienced is the gimbal tilt on starting a mission so I interpolate the first waypoint with the desired tilt angle as well as use the tilt function in the actions section.

Thanks
Most of my missions will be at the beach
Using my Mavic Air to develop composition shot. The idea I’m able look up the location log the mission. Travel there load mission and shoot on my terms is priceless.
This should provide my wedding clients a superior product
And less stress for me.
Thanks

As far as I can see, the main attribute of Litchi is being able to pre-programme its flight path and ability to take those photos in specified places. You might find the DJI Go software as easy or easier to use for less organised photos if you understand my meaning.

As far as I can see, the main attribute of Litchi is being able to pre-programme its flight path and ability to take those photos in specified places. You might find the DJI Go software as easy or easier to use for less organised photos if you understand my meaning.

Yes I do.

Yes, LITCHI will work well with a Mavic Air. Litchi and GO4 may not play nicely as LITCHI is derived from the DJI SDK. SOOooo, always FORCE KILL the opposing app before using the other. This is easy to do on Android and iOS alike. Best to be safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242