DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and offline maps?

pinzmann

Reactions
So just got the Litchi app for my Mini2. I like to use my iPad mini with it. I installed offline maps of the remote areas that I
Sometime fly. With no wifi I can use the google maps. The iPad has gps. When I try to do waypoints in a remote area, I can’t as there is no map available for reference. If I had cell service then it would work but I am out in the remote desert areas-no cell service. I would think that since I have offline maps and GPS in the iPad it would translate to the Litchi app. Is there a workaround or am I SOL. This is not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

If I remember well, there is an option in Litchi where you can select the map engine. Be sure you have selected Google Maps.

Before you go to the area you want to fly, and while you still have internet access, open Litchi and tap on the map screen. Then just scroll around at different zoom levels, covering the area you wish to fly. The maps will then be cached and you can see them in the Litchi app while flying.

Reactions: Facherty and EmsAir
please help me, I want to fly on "dji mini 2" without internet on large theories, how to load maps into cache "litchi for dji"?
Before you go to the area you want to fly, and while you still have internet access, open Litchi and tap on the map screen. Then just scroll around at different zoom levels, covering the area you wish to fly. The maps will then be automatically cached and you can see them in the Litchi app next time you open it while you're flying. I don't know how long they'll stay in the cache, as different devices empty the cache at different times.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ