DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Return to Home

Rogerc

Reactions
While using Litchi Waypoint and choosing the Curved Lines option the Return to Home is off by about 30 to 40 feet. When I use DJI 4 Go RTH I get within 3 to 4 inches accuracy.
Is this just what you have to live with Litchi or is there something I am missing about setting RTH.
I am using a Mavic Pro 2
IOS Ipad HD
All firmware is updated.
Thank in advance

While using Litchi Waypoint and choosing the Curved Lines option the Return to Home is off by about 30 to 40 feet. When I use DJI 4 Go RTH I get within 3 to 4 inches accuracy.
Is this just what you have to live with Litchi or is there something I am missing about setting RTH.
I am using a Mavic Pro 2
IOS Ipad HD
All firmware is updated.
Thank in advance
We need your Flight log

Litchi doesn't have its own RTH function, it uses the RTH function that's baked into your drone's firmware.
If you consistently get RTH autoland accuracy of inches, you are using the DJI Precision Landing feature which employs optical technology.
Without Precision Landing, RTH uses GPS which is usually within 10 feet.
It can occasionally be more, but 30-40 ft is extreme.

Are you certain that RTH was actually selecting the landing point?
Recorded data would confirm it.
btw .. you can cancel RTH and take control yourself at any time (if you have connection).
Just flick the Flight Mode switch to Sport and back and land the drone wherever you choose.

How are you launching the Litchi mission? Are you taking off manually and letting the craft rise to about 8 to 15 feet to let the craft establish it's position; or are you blasting off by starting your mission on ground?

I always take off manually, pause and then rise to an altitude above any nearby ostacles before starting a mission and have not observed the problem you describe.

i haven"t had a problem with my pro or my spark The Spark is never Quite as accurate as the spark , i am usually using dynamic and they both will find me within a few feet

I always use manual and hover over my landing marker. I did about 7 flights yesterday over the course of 8 hours and all were off by about 20 to 25 feet.
Today did 5 flights and all were within a couple of feet. Don't know why yesterday was so far off. Can't remember how many sats I had but at least 12.
Will check it out today and see if I can continue to get RTH as close as yesterday. Nothing better that the DJI Go 4 precision landing. Usually withing 2 inches on my landing pad.
Thanks for the replies.
Will have plenty of time to fly... Shelter in place has been ordered since Wednesday. Due to my compromised immune system and a serious disease I am basically locked in with no contact for at least 2 months.... so plenty of time to fly. Hope to get some video worthy of posting.
RC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme