DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Samsung Gear VR

Netun

Reactions
Has someone got use Litchi and Samsung Gear VR? I can get disable the Oculus browse when inserting mobile in GEAR.

Has someone got use Litchi and Samsung Gear VR? I can get disable the Oculus browse when inserting mobile in GEAR.

If you are using the Phantom 3 standard then yes you can use Litchi
But as the advanced and pro etc use the plug on your phone then you would need to remove the plug on the gear vr for it to work. It’s easier just to get a cheap pair of google cardboard type glasses.

As for a decent app take a look at this one

Thanks for your help. I use a Mavic Pro and i'd like to conect via USB due the Oculus has a USB port so I use "Play Cardbord" app to inhibit auto star of oculus browser, but it's is cutting the usb too. I'm still working in it.

Did you find some solution for this ? :) I was trying, with no succes yet ... but there must be a way, cause bottom usb definetely works for data transfer ...

Not Yet. Maybe I'll give up and make a hole on the left side... Are you sure the USB-C bottom works for data transfer?

I have a Mavic Air, Oculus VR googles and Litchi installed. I drilled a hole on the left side for a USB connection and everything works until i close the phone into the googles. My phone seem to be so sensitive that it ALWAYS start a program or close the Litchi app before I can start using it.

Anyone found a way to make this work with Oculus VR?

Talking about the sun; suddenly I found a good explanation here;

Talking about the sun; suddenly I found a good explanation here;

I bought a Samsung Gear VR 2017 kit for using as poor man's goggles. I modded the Gear VR as shown in the above Youtube video. I can use my Samsung S8+ as an Oculus-based VR device by installing the normal USB-C plug and installing the phone as intended. I can also use my phone with Litchi by removing the USB-C plug and installing the phone in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, I wasn't very pleased with the result and eventually bought DJI's Goggles RE. One of my problems with the modded Gear VR was the difficulty of using the phone's touch screen. Another problem was that when I activated head tracking, I had no way of knowing exactly when the gimbal was aligned with the body of the drone. If the gimbal yaw is not zero, then you don't know where "forward" is. DJI Goggles have a floating sight which indicates where drone will move when you fly forward. And the third problem is loss of live view quality. Instead of a single 1080p view, Litchi in VR mode shows two split-screen 720-line views.

It appear that DJI googles has better resolution but the control of the gimble and to identify what is straight forward is not a problem for me. I calibrated the drone gimble one time and when I look straight forward, so does the camera on the drone using Oculus and the mobile phones sensor. If any have a problem with this I made a short video to explain. It is important to notice that any phone will work with this solution really. Maybe it is the poor man's vr, but it work just fine and is really a lot of fun :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura