DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - another missing drone question.

K SHARPE

Reactions
Yesterday, I made a costly mistake. I sent Mavic Pro on Litchi way-point mission. Around 10 minutes into the flight, with no connection to remote, the drone never returned to the first/last way-point (loop mission). I retrieved data from airdata, and it shows me the last contact it had with the drone. Now my question...even tho that was the last contact point, the drone still most likely flew its course? I was above trees, no obstructions at 100ft. Flat terrain, the flight was gonna last approximately 20 minutes, mistake number 2...such a long mission. So....if the battery did run dry before returning to the last way-point....does the drone crash, does it land...being out of range of remote? Thanks for any input...

Now my question...even tho that was the last contact point, the drone still most likely flew its course?
Correct. It should continue the mission after signal loss. Assuming your mission settings were correct.

So....if the battery did run dry before returning to the last way-point....does the drone crash, does it land...being out of range of remote?
The aircraft will abort the mission and autoland once the critical battery point is reached.

Reactions: SIT
Correct. It should continue the mission after signal loss. Assuming your mission settings were correct.

The aircraft will abort the mission and autoland once the critical battery point is reached.

In addition to the statement above:
Prior to the "autoland activation" the AC will attempt to RTH on a straight path once the critical battery level is reached. Assumed you have activated "Smart RTH".

Extract from Litchi Manual:
Smart Return to Home: Enables/disables the Smart Return-To-Home (RTH) feature. When it is enabled, aircraft will request to go home when remaining battery is only enough for completing the go-home action.

Note: If you do not confirm the RTH request, Litchi will enable RTH on its own after a couple of seconds.
However, if RTH is not completed successfully there may be mainly 3 reasons:
- Obstacle on the straight RTH flight path (including the Sun)
- Headwind to strong, AC is not able to make it back and will autoland if Battery level is no more sufficient for flight continuation.

Does any of the decribed conditions apply to your flight? You may also provide your flight details here for further analysis or suggestions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7