DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - Anyone using it?

I'm a Litchi user, no major complaints so far (use it mostly for waypoint missions).

The app seems more stable than DJI GO. In situations where DJI GO would give me all kinds of warnings (signal lost, magnetic interference, etc), Litchi performs solidly.

My main complaint would be that when the mission is running and you loose signal, the gimbal pitch control is lost and acts kind of crazy (but the mission goes as planned until the end).

Contacted them regarding that and was told there was little they could do as it was not included in the SDK (at the time, at least).

I think most trouble people have is related to poor mission planing.

Hey. I have just begun researching this as well. Seems like many people do use it and I like the fact that it uses a google earth interface & that you can plan waypoints prior to flying ...

Dan do you know if you can plug in altitude parameters for these points? Making the pre planning 3D essentially?

Reactions: quadgrunt
I'm a Litchi user, no major complaints so far (use it mostly for waypoint missions).

The app seems more stable than DJI GO. In situations where DJI GO would give me all kinds of warnings (signal lost, magnetic interference, etc), Litchi performs solidly.

My main complaint would be that when the mission is running and you loose signal, the gimbal pitch control is lost and acts kind of crazy (but the mission goes as planned until the end).

Contacted them regarding that and was told there was little they could do as it was not included in the SDK (at the time, at least).

I think most trouble people have is related to poor mission planing.

Ed I am assuming having GO 4 and Lichci together on the same tablet wouldn't cause any kind of conflict between the softwares?

Ed I am assuming having GO 4 and Lichci together on the same tablet wouldn't cause any kind of conflict between the softwares?

In previous DJI versions, I always force stopped it before running Litchi (as recommended by Litchi).

After DJI GO 4, when I go to stop it, usually it isn't even necessary because it didn't launch itself like before.

You could have only Litchi on your tablet, although you would loose some capability only found in DJI GO.

And regarding altitude data, you can insert it while planing (I always use the Litchi web hub on my PC) or directly on a CSV file.

Aesome. Appreciate your feedback.

I just bought the App

So in your experience do pilots buy this strictly for the way point pre planning. Or are there other advantages to litchi and this one is the one that gets all the hype.

Reactions: Philk
I use it sole for FPV and my only draw back is unlike DJI app recordings litchi will not cache this on your phone. Sure I have it on the SDcard after but sometimes you want to send a quick edit or use the DJI app for a quick edit

Aesome. Appreciate your feedback.

I just bought the App

So in your experience do pilots buy this strictly for the way point pre planning. Or are there other advantages to litchi and this one is the one that gets all the hype.

From what I read online, it seems most people use it for waypoint missions. But as I mentioned, many times I feel more confident using it than DJI GO for FPV too.

The Focus mode seems interesting too, as it doesn't rely on camera tracking like DJI does (uses a POI instead.

The caveat is that using the map to place the POI, it works only for larger landmarks, and not for some random spot on a beach, for example.

Warning: from time to time a new Mavic firmware will cause trouble to Litchi, so before updating it, always check this: What's new - Litchi

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
I use it and yes you can. Waypoint mode is highly versatile. Plenty of videos on YouTube discussing
Hey. I have just begun researching this as well. Seems like many people do use it and I like the fact that it uses a google earth interface & that you can plan waypoints prior to flying ...

Dan do you know if you can plug in altitude parameters for these points? Making the pre planning 3D essentially?
se it

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
I use it sole for FPV and my only draw back is unlike DJI app recordings litchi will not cache this on your phone. Sure I have it on the SDcard after but sometimes you want to send a quick edit or use the DJI app for a quick edit

Actually if you update to 1.16.0 there is a cache videos mode. Cached videos are stored in a Litchi Video Cache folder in the photos app of your iPhone. Not sure about Android

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent