DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app crashing

justcruisin

Reactions
Hello,

Recently while flying a waypoint mission the Litchi app crashed on my Smart Controller. Thankfully I had just landed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Litchi app on the Smart Controller via the Amazon store but it keeps crashing.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks!

Are making sure to shut down all things DJI when running Litchi?

Are making sure to shut down all things DJI when running Litchi?

Yes.

I close everything else and only have Litchi running. Been working great for almost a year. Not sure what caused this because I haven't changed anything.

Always seems so scary when a app crashes during a flight. But, I would assume that even if Litchi crashes during a waypoint flight that the bird would still continue on with the mission since the waypoints are loaded into the drone. Although Ive had both Dji and Litchi crash on me mid flight, (mostly with my spark) I dont recall it ever happening during a waypoint mission. However I just got my mini 2 and havent flown it yet, but Litchi has been great with my P3S and my Spark. If litchi hadnt come out with support for mini 2 I wouldnt have bought another bird, I love the vr goggle option, total game changer !

Always seems so scary when a app crashes during a flight. But, I would assume that even if Litchi crashes during a waypoint flight that the bird would still continue on with the mission since the waypoints are loaded into the drone. Although Ive had both Dji and Litchi crash on me mid flight, (mostly with my spark) I dont recall it ever happening during a waypoint mission. However I just got my mini 2 and havent flown it yet, but Litchi has been great with my P3S and my Spark. If litchi hadnt come out with support for mini 2 I wouldnt have bought another bird, I love the vr goggle option, total game changer !

Yes I have it set to continue mission and even to update home point to controller position on low battery RTH. I have tested this and it works great.

Just trying to figure out how to fix the app crashing problem since this is new. Litchi app usually works great on my Smart Controller!

Reactions: Mtntrogger
On the newer drones running DJI Fly, there are no internal waypoints like on the MP2. If the app crashes, it will default to failsafe whether it's set to hover, land, or RTH on signal loss. All the newer models use "virtual waypoints" that are fed to the AC via the controller. No signal = unfinished mission.

A buddy of mine was flying this past weekend and the app disconnected. Further troubleshooting proved the cable connected from the controller to the Tripletek was faulty.

Update: I uninstalled / reinstalled Litchi again and gave my Smart Controller a thorough file cleanup. I deleted a bunch of old screen recordings, screen shots, etc.

On the ground, Litchi ran fine through a few start up and shut down cycles. I launched the drone and then ran one waypoint mission successfully. I will keep an eye on it, but it seems to be running more reliably now.

Hello,

Recently while flying a waypoint mission the Litchi app crashed on my Smart Controller. Thankfully I had just landed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Litchi app on the Smart Controller via the Amazon store but it keeps crashing.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks!
I have had the same problem i tried force stop the app in the app info then opened it, it just works perfect and make sure that you lock the Litchi app in the background hopefully this will solve your problem!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle