DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app for Mini?

verslen

Reactions
Does anyone know if the new Mavic Mini will be supported by the Litchi app?

That would be amazing. If we could fly the mavic mini with litchi, so waypoint Missions werde posible and almost everything the Mp1 could do.

Probably it's the question if the sdk is availabal for the mini. But it should be, shoulnt it?

I wouldn't bet on that seeing as how the DJI software is so very crippled at this point...

Does anyone know if the new Mavic Mini will be supported by the Litchi app?

Asked on the Spark site

Reactions: verslen
Thanks for the hint. Okey, we'll see. it would of course make a huge difference, if one could use Litchi with Pano, Sphares, waypoints, follow me ...

DJI Fly suggests that the mini operating system could easily have a new applications programming interface (API) that the one that supports Go4. That will give them tha ability to select what features are available to both Fly and any other 3rd party software. It is a choice that DJI will make as part of their marketing program, not a software limitation.

It will also allow them to control how they handle geofencing, altitude limits, distance limits, all the other constraints that folks bitterly complain about. It is not clear to me how many FAA requirements don’t apply to a drone this light.

You may want to read up on pending updates to FAA regulations as a hobbiest for aircraft under .55 lbs aka 249 grams:)

Last edited:
DJI Fly suggests that the mini operating system could easily have a new applications programming interface (API) that the one that supports Go4. That will give them tha ability to select what features are available to both Fly and any other 3rd party software. It is a choice that DJI will make as part of their marketing program, not a software limitation.
Exactly. I am quite sure MM will not be made compatible with the current SDK and will not allow Litchi to support it. Simply because if someone adds all those features missing from the DJI Fly app they would significantly hurt their larger drone sales.

It will also allow them to control how they handle geofencing, altitude limits, distance limits, all the other constraints that folks bitterly complain about. It is not clear to me how many FAA requirements don’t apply to a drone this light.
The US is maybe the largest single market for drones, but tiny compared to the rest of the world.

For me 250gr makes a huge difference:
In Germany we have a regulation that allows FPV flights only within VLOS of a spotter. With <250gr the spotter may stay at home, and the VLOS requirement is gone if the flight is under 30m altitude.
Now I just hope the video & control range will be enough to make it worth it.

Hmm seems iffy. Someone else is getting my money this round, I really wanted to buy this, but I have some specific work I want to do requiring waypoints. Probably the Zino Pro or Fimi X8 will win this time.

Exactly. I am quite sure MM will not be made compatible with the current SDK and will not allow Litchi to support it. Simply because if someone adds all those features missing from the DJI Fly app they would significantly hurt their larger drone sales.
I am expecting that the SDK will support the Mini quite soon. Originally I also thought that the API might be totally different from the other drones, but a guy was able to fly a Mavic Air using the Fly app instead of GO4. So basic compatibility must be there.
For me 250gr makes a huge difference:
In Germany we have a regulation that allows FPV flights only within VLOS of a spotter. With <250gr the spotter may stay at home, and the VLOS requirement is gone if the flight is under 30m altitude.
Now I just hope the video & control range will be enough to make it worth it.
I am enjoying flying the Mini via FPV from the first day on. And yes, the range is sufficient.

I am expecting that the SDK will support the Mini quite soon. Originally I also thought that the API might be totally different from the other drones, but a guy was able to fly a Mavic Air using the Fly app instead of GO4. So basic compatibility must be there.

I am enjoying flying the Mini via FPV from the first day on. And yes, the range is sufficient.
I hope you're right. I had just assumed that the Mini would support waypoints and points of interest, at least, before I ordered one. When I found that it didn't, I almost returned it. I decided to keep it, basically betting that Litchi will be able to support the Mini soon, because those are features I really want (and expected to have) to get well planned, smoothly executed, professional looking shots, and on the first try. If DJI decides not to support at least simple stuff like that in the SDK, I think they will be sending buyers to the competition rather than to their more expensive drones. The Mini is not competing against DJI's high end models -- it has no obstacle avoidance, no 4K video, no OcuSync, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost