DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi app vs dji app on crappy phone??

genesimmons

Reactions
hi all, new piolot here, been struggling on every flight to see the screen, ive tried 3 different phones and 1 tablet so far prob just gonna end up gettig the googgles soon, anyways just a point i noticed, i used dji go on my blu brand phone from amazon and in every mode the video is glitchy and sluggish and pixely, i recently got a version of litchi and installed it on that same phone and took her out for a flight, the video feed was very good, not glitchy or pixel at all, the flight went great and i got some pretty good panos with the pano feature, why would one app need more processing power than another? i assumed to view video on iether app i would need pretty good power but it seems litchi can use less powerful processing power, your thoughts on this??

Because Go is bloated beyond comprehension. It is THE reason I switched to Litchi. DJI needs to remove everything from Go except what's required to operate the aircraft, make the rest of it separate apps.

Reactions: NickN7
And I've heard that Go lately uses a security encryption called Secneo, that needs a whole heap of processing power.

Try turning off your video caching on DJI go, that will reduce some of the processing power needed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake