DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi continue mission if signal lost?

justcruisin

Reactions
Hello,

I seem to remember a menu in Litchi for what to do if signal is lost. I think the options were hover, land, return to home, or continue mission.

But now I can’t find that menu. Did it change or move or was it taken away?

cheers!

(Planning in Litchi Mission Hub, using M2P with Litchi app)

Hello,

I seem to remember a menu in Litchi for what to do if signal is lost. I think the options were hover, land, return to home, or continue mission.

But now I can’t find that menu. Did it change or move or was it taken away?

cheers!

(Planning in Litchi Mission Hub, using M2P with Litchi app)
The question is, which signal are you referring to? I have lost the connection between my Mavic 2 Pro but the drone completed the mission.

It is still there. Go one line below the “signal lost” option you have mentioned in your post, and there you will see the option asking if you want to exit the waypoint mission in case of signal loss.

In order to see this, your M2P has to be connected to the RC.

Last edited:
Reactions: gope_73
It is still there. Go one line below the “signal lost” option you have mentioned in your post, and there you will see the option asking if you want to exit the waypoint mission in case of signal loss.

In order to see this, your M2P has to be connected to the RC.

thank you, that’s what I thought.

In settings —> aircraft —> Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss = Off

This is my current setting and it has worked for me in the past during short signal losses. But recently I had a sustained signal loss (still troubleshooting the controller but I think it was the cold temperatures) and by the time I was able to reestablish signal I had a warning message “out of control, going home” and the drone was already heading home.

I had never seen that error message before so I am now re-checking all my settings and procedures.

Any ideas?

1F632BBD-35B8-4100-8150-51F63F424BEC.jpeg

Last edited:
thank you, that’s what I thought.

In settings —> aircraft —> Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss = Off

This is my current setting and it has worked for me in the past during short signal losses. But recently I had a sustained signal loss (still troubleshooting the controller but I think it was the cold temperatures) and by the time I was able to reestablish signal I had a warning message “out of control, going home” and the drone was already heading home.

I had never seen that error message before so I am now re-checking all my settings and procedures.

Any ideas?

View attachment 139757
Last Summer I had a similar issue where my M2P went into a hover after losing the signal momentary rather than continuing the mission. Troubleshooting rendered to «no problem found»…

I thought one of he reasons to use the waypoints, was because of a potential signal lost.

what do you recommend? head home? or finish mission?

Interesting…..any error message?
There was only a connection lost message, and the video feed froze; at least I thought that the video feed froze. I figured that I would wait until the signal was recaptured. But nothing happened. I started to get nervous until I noticed that I had full RC signal indicated on the screen together with the unchanged video feed. I then made manual control input and the drone responded promptly as well as the video feed. I did not try to resume the mission and brought the drone home manually. I have no idea what went on…

Last edited:
Note that a GPS failure will break both the Litchi mission and RTH.

thanks that’s good to know.

I don’t believe that is the case in my situation since it was in open air with no obstructions (not flying near or under anything).

Dronelink has the DJI Waypoints that allow you to finish the mission even if the signal is lost. This only works in compatible DJI drones like the M2P and others.

Dronelink has the DJI Waypoints that allow you to finish the mission even if the signal is lost. This only works in compatible DJI drones like the M2P and others.

cool, that’s good to know. Litchi has the same, and it’s worked for me before so I was a little perplexed when it failed in this situation.

Reactions: zeusfl
As of the Mavic Mini, waypoint missions can't continue when signal is lost.
This because the MM and newer drones with SDK-support are controlled via 'Virtual Stick Commands' directly from within the App and transmitted to the drone (NOT by the drone itself).
When using Litchi with the MM, the option to continue the mission when signal is lost is NOT available, only 'Hover, Landing and RTH'.

This because the MM and newer drones with SDK-support are controlled via 'Virtual Stick Commands' directly from within the App and transmitted to the drone (NOT by the drone itself).
When using Litchi with the MM, the option to continue the mission when signal is lost is NOT available, only 'Hover, Landing and RTH'.

thank you, this is for a Mavic 2 Pro

Hi, I fly a DJI Mavic Air 2 through Litchi and have had issues with the drone exiting its waypoints mission when it loses its connection to the rc. Can I make the Mavic Air 2 complete its mission when signal to the rc is lost? If not, is there a hardware solution to this such as an additional antenna that you can recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi, I fly a DJI Mavic Air 2 through Litchi and have had issues with the drone exiting its waypoints mission when it loses its connection to the rc. Can I make the Mavic Air 2 complete its mission when signal to the rc is lost? If not, is there a hardware solution to this such as an additional antenna that you can recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.
No you can't and there is no solution. That's how virtual sticks work. It needs the controller and phone/tablet to send the commands to the drone. It's not stored within the drone.

Reactions: Jstr
Can I ask, can Litchi be set to finish the mission if the signal is lost if being used with a Mavic Air? I've had the Mavic Air for a while, but have only flown twice. I'd like to get Litchi working if it would finish the mission if signal is lost.

Thanks in advance

v

Can I ask, can Litchi be set to finish the mission if the signal is lost if being used with a Mavic Air? I've had the Mavic Air for a while, but have only flew twice. I'd like to get Litchi working if it would finish the mission if signal is lost.

Thanks in advance

v
The Mavic Air can. The Mavic Air 2 can't.

Can I ask, can Litchi be set to finish the mission if the signal is lost if being used with a Mavic Air? I've had the Mavic Air for a while, but have only flown twice. I'd like to get Litchi working if it would finish the mission if signal is lost.

Thanks in advance

v
As far as I know ,only drone deploy has that ability for sure ,. As it's pro software ,

Ask @zeusfl , he will know for sure , and has some great videos on the subject.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain

Reactions: vintageb3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S