DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi maiden flight

Davidwh

Reactions
As I am getting fed up with the DJI go app crashing, I purchased Litchi and for the first flight took it to a local beauty spot to try out the waypoint mode. I used Google Earth to plan a mission before importing it into the mission hub for some fine tuning...everything ok so far. Arrived at location and ran the waypoint mission and everything once again went ok. Unfortunately the area has some quite large rocky outcrops and once they came into view on the screen they looked even bigger and even though I had set the altitude to clear them I went into panic mode, cancelling the mission and with the speed I climbed the poor Mavic must have been pulling 5g on the climb. The app itself I was pretty pleased with (it didn't crash once) but there were one or two small issues that I found (which were probably me not understanding things). Firstly I found on quite a few times that the usual way to start the motors did not work and I had to use the app to take off and when I tried to calibrate the compass nothing happened I just got a dialog box to follow any prompts so I had to use the DJI app to calibrate. Pretty pleased so far but a bit more manual reading will not go a miss....

As I am getting fed up with the DJI go app crashing, I purchased Litchi and for the first flight took it to a local beauty spot to try out the waypoint mode. I used Google Earth to plan a mission before importing it into the mission hub for some fine tuning...everything ok so far. Arrived at location and ran the waypoint mission and everything once again went ok. Unfortunately the area has some quite large rocky outcrops and once they came into view on the screen they looked even bigger and even though I had set the altitude to clear them I went into panic mode, cancelling the mission and with the speed I climbed the poor Mavic must have been pulling 5g on the climb. The app itself I was pretty pleased with (it didn't crash once) but there were one or two small issues that I found (which were probably me not understanding things). Firstly I found on quite a few times that the usual way to start the motors did not work and I had to use the app to take off and when I tried to calibrate the compass nothing happened I just got a dialog box to follow any prompts so I had to use the DJI app to calibrate. Pretty pleased so far but a bit more manual reading will not go a miss....
Probably the most useful site for information about using Litchi is the Phantom Filmschool.
Phantom Filmschool 1- master autopilot with Litchi
He pretty much covers everything about Litchi for Android and Ios with outstanding demo videos, to show you what you can do with it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50