DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi: Mavic Air 2 stops at waypoint

wolframmitbach

Reactions
I was using Litchi for several years with my Mavic Air 1 without any problem.
I was really excited that it is now also usable with the Mavic Air 2.

For the first flight with the MA2 I used a way point mission which I flew several times with the Mavic Air. At waypoint 4 the MA2 stopped. I waited several seconds when did didn't continue I pressed the Homebutton it turned in the direction of the homepoint but it didn't start back. So I switched to FPV and flew it manually back to the starting place.

Any idea what's wrong? Has anybody a similar experience? Please help.

Rgds Wolfram

Litchi Waypoint Mission:

AirData Flightlog:

For the first flight with the MA2 I used a way point mission which I flew several times with the Mavic Air. At waypoint 4 the MA2 stopped. I waited several seconds when did didn't continue I pressed the Homebutton it turned in the direction of the homepoint but it didn't start back. So I switched to FPV and flew it manually back to the starting place.

Rgds Wolfram

Litchi Waypoint Mission:

AirData Flightlog:

I read in the forum last week that MA2 did not have enough memory to run missions but i,m sorry can,t say where and don,t know if it could be true i know i had my spark fly litchi missions till the battery was gone and still find its way home

I read in the forum last week that MA2 did not have enough memory to run missions but i,m sorry can,t say where and don,t know if it could be true i know i had my spark fly litchi missions till the battery was gone and still find its way home
i understand it, any of the AC that run the Fly app use virtual sticks so the mission is saved in the device rather than the aircraft. I've run multi-battery mapping missions with DroneLink of up to 800 photos on my MA2.

I'm a new user of Litchi with two days of experience with the beta version for Air 2S and Mini 2, so definitely not an expert or even a serious user yet. But I remember that there's a setting for the drone's behavior upon completing the mission, with three options. Is it possible that the setting is new and it defaults to "stop?"

You have a lot of mode changes:
It should stay in VS all the time
R09m 18s9.2 ft137 ftModeMode changed to Joystick
S09m 18s9.2 ft137 ftModeMode changed to Detour

I don't know what Detour means. However, I always disable all sensors :)
I wonder if you got som warnings from the sensors. Were you flying close to things?

Thanks for replying.
Flying in an open field. No warning from any sensors.
I flew the drone FPV close to the first WP, then changed to Waypoint mode.
Detour means Return To Home.
Since it stopped at a waypoint I triggered. RTH.

In the meantime I flew several missions some of them successful and sometimes it stopped again.
I'm collecting data for the litchi support.
It is possible to fly the missions in simulator mode. As far as I can see now they produce the same results/problems as the real flights.

I'm a new user of Litchi with two days of experience with the beta version for Air 2S and Mini 2, so definitely not an expert or even a serious user yet. But I remember that there's a setting for the drone's behavior upon completing the mission, with three options. Is it possible that the setting is new and it defaults to "stop?"
Thanks for your reply.
I have this setting always 'return to 1. Waypoint. It stopped somewhere in the middle of the mission.

Rgds Wolfram

Litchi Waypoint Mission:

AirData Flightlog:

I’m looking for a similar solution, my Mavic pro 2 wouldn’t go past the 1st waypoint. I don’t believe I’ve seen the answer posted here but I’m still looking. Good luck to you.

I've flown several WP missions with Litchi now. Support told me that at each WP Litchi send WP data to the drone. Unlike my Phantom 3 where the Litchi mission is uploaded to the Phantom prior to starting the mission. The Mini cannot retain WP data and so Litchi sends it realtime at each WP. This also explains that if you add curved turns, any WP actions there will not be preformed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000