DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission Gone Wrong

sarniac

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro flying a mission made using Litchi. I’ve flown this route 5 times and never had a problem. On my latest flight, a System Error/Check App message appeared on screen, and mode went to ATTI, even though screen was showing 20 sats.

I spent too much time looking at the screen; and when I looked up, I couldn’t see the drone. I tried pausing mission and RTH, but it would not enter RTH mode. The screen was showing the drone flying East, even though mission should be in North direction.

The drone was about 800 or 900 feet out and travelling at 10 mph. This was first flight on a full battery, so I decided to land it rather than have it go any further. I should have handled it differently, i.e., switch to Sport Mode, etc.; but at the time, all I was thinking about was my drone flying away.

Using Find My Drone, I spent an hour plus walking the Nature Preserve and found the drone. All props were broken or missing, and gimbal is now showing overload error message. Other than that, drone powers up and image from camera shows on phone screen.

I included the flight log and would appreciate if someone could tell me what went wrong.

Attachments

• Litchi Flight.txt
    572.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It is there now.
Not sure what that .txt is but it is certainly not a Litchi log. Litchi records in .csv format. Share the .csv here or upload that to the link below and share a link back here.

Log Viewer

I tried to attach .CSV file from Litchi flight log and it was rejected The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

So, I loaded the .CSV file in Excel and saved it as a .TXT file.

@sarniac I got the file the first time. The Phantom Help Viewer has been having issues with Litchi files of late for some reason. However, that being said, unfortunately due to the very poor data that Litchi provides ( And that is really the only drawback from using it ) is the fact that data is very limited. All I can tell you from this flight is the fact that the aircraft switched to ATTI mode at ~ 70 seconds. This could be for a number of reasons but without additional data that can't be pin pointed. Generally an ATTI switch may be from a few reasons. GPS issue's, IMU issues etc.. and so forth. I can only speculate that Positioning was lost, which will cancel the mission and place the aircraft in ATTI mode. That is only a wag without more data. The piching up and down during the mission is odd as well, but without seeing the mission itself, again only looks odd.

1576448068124.png

Thank you very much for reviewing file. I have been using Litchi missions for about 3 months and this is the first time I’ve had a problem. The flight was in a wide open space, a nature preserve, so I don’t understand why the flight went bad.

so I don’t understand why the flight went bad.
We can look further if you can provide the aircraft .dat file. You mentioned the aircraft will power up, if so then you may be able to extract the data file. See the link below for instructions. Once you have the file you will need to upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox etc...and share a link back here to that. Unfortunately I can't tell you which .dat it is, but you should be able to determine that from the file dates. You will be looking for FLYxxx.dat.

Retrieve Aircraft .DAT

I extracted the .DAT file but the file is too large to upload:

1576506851880.png
I Zipped the file and tried to upload and received a 'file extension unknown' error.

Please explain how I can upload file - Thank You.

.DAT file available (hopefully) at Dropbox
The link you provided is a log in. You need to configure the file sharing and try again.

I paid for Litchi months ago and never used it because of post like this.wish I could get my money back LOL

I paid for Litchi months ago and never used it because of post like this.wish I could get my money back LOL
Litchi is an excellent flight package. The only thing lacking is additional flight data. Other than that, it is just fine.

Reactions: Filipok and MaviCam
This is the first time I have tried to use Drop Box and I'm failing miserably.

I am trying to share the file but in the TO: box it wants an email address:

1576527934334.png

Can someone please tell me how to upload this file? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have used Litchi and really like it and will continue to use it. Something went wrong with this mission but it was probably my fault, not a Litchi fault.

Just use it for fun, nearby, stuff then. Use it to fly a mission around a gathering such as a wedding or camp out. Select several different shots from various locations. Impress your friends with how the drone flies itself and takes pictures and movies at the same time. And then comes home! How cool is that. Worth the price of Litchi, just for that. If you can see it you can always regain manual control. Have fun, enjoy.
Happy holidays

Reactions: Filipok
This is a Google Drive link (I hope) for the .dat file:
The link works correctly, however this is not the correct .dat for the flight. There is no motor start. It is only a power up and power down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60