DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission RTH does not seem to work.

ScotPeter

Reactions
Hello All, Inexperienced flyer here. I got Litchi and have made a couple of very simple waypoint missions and all seems OK except that when it gets to the last waypoint the RTH, set in the Mission settings does not work and the drone just hovers. I had to cancel the mission with the mode control and fly it back manually. The only thing I could find by searching was that the waypoint may be too close, but I changed that above the threshold and it still didn't work.
Can anyone help please?
Peter in Scotland

Reactions: Yaros
Hello All, Inexperienced flyer here. I got Litchi and have made a couple of very simple waypoint missions and all seems OK except that when it gets to the last waypoint the RTH, set in the Mission settings does not work and the drone just hovers. I had to cancel the mission with the mode control and fly it back manually. The only thing I could find by searching was that the waypoint may be too close, but I changed that above the threshold and it still didn't work.
Can anyone help please?
Peter in Scotland
Maybe it's some kind of bug. It happens randomly to me too, especially when there is wind.
Try to slow down the mission at the end, see if that works.

Maybe it's some kind of bug. It happens randomly to me too, especially when there is wind.
Try to slow down the mission at the end, see if that works.
Thanks Yaris. It is a bit windy but RTH outside of a mission seems to work fine in the same conditions.
Just thinking you might be onto something with the wind though because maybe the drone has to be at the absolute exact coordinates set for it it before it will initiate RTH and the wind was making it jiggle about a bit. When using it manually of course it is what it is at the moment you actually push the button. I am going to try again shortly and change it to fly back to waypoint 1 and see if that works while conditions are the same.
It also makes me wonder if it will return to home when the signal is lost so whatever the issue it dnoes need to be sorted.
Peter

Did you set the RTH feature in the master settings to RTH rather than hover, or reverse?

Hi Vindibona, yes, that was the first thing I checked. I did find it a little odd that you would set a return to home in the overall mission settings rather than as an action on the last waypoint. There is no way that I can see see.you can specifically do this, but as it's called 'finish action' I assumed it would just be applied to the last waypoint?
Peter

I do most of my mission planning in the computer in Litchi's Mission Hub. I avoid programming automated missions in the field on my phone or tablet. I'm not sure if there is a cross-over if you do the settings in the Mission Hub, then try to program waypoints in the field, but through the Mission Hub I've had no issues with RTH.

1650640247077.png

I do most of my mission planning in the computer in Litchi's Mission Hub. I avoid programming automated missions in the field on my phone or tablet. I'm not sure if there is a cross-over if you do the settings in the Mission Hub, then try to program waypoints in the field, but through the Mission Hub I've had no issues with RTH.

View attachment 147108
[/QUOTE

View attachment 147108
Hello again, thanks for the follow up.
I did actually create the mission on my PC, but I made another the same way but did NOT export it first to Google earth to view it, which I had done with the original one where RTH didn't work, and it worked fine! I also allowed me to make changes to the final waypoint position in the app on my smartphone and this still allowed the RTH function to run properly.
Are any changes made to the mission file simply by opening it in Google Earth?
I will do some more experimenting around this and post back with any information.
Peter

It also makes me wonder if it will return to home when the signal is lost so whatever the issue it dnoes need to be sorted.
If signal is lost, it will RTH no matter what. Because in that case it is the firmware telling the flight controller to RTH.

If signal is lost, it will RTH no matter what. Because in that case it is the firmware telling the flight controller to RTH.
Thank you for that info. I will check that out. So I would just have to turn off the controller for that to kick in if it was stuck on last waypoint and the RTH didn't work?

I have had this happen and now I make the last waypoint near the home point so it finishes right where I am and can land manually.

Thanks Geoff, that is a good solution and if I can't get things to work as they should, consistently then I could adopt that. Consistently is the crucial thing, if you can't have that the feature is useless

Peter

Reactions: Geofff
I had the same problem a few weeks ago with my mini2. Just sat there. Haven’t done any waypoint missions since but seeing your post, I think I will try again. I also double checked my settings and RTH was programmed.

This is false. I can set my Mavic Pro to "continue mission when signal lost" and it will do JUST THAT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura