DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission simulator

cdenley

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air, and my understanding is Litchi is my only option for designing waypoint missions. I've been looking into that as well as Google Earth Studio. I was trying to find a way to combine them. If I could see in Google Earth what a video recorded from a waypoint mission would look like, that would be awesome. But I can't quite figure out how to do that. I could create a flight path easily in Google Earth Studio, but no easy way to get that in Litchi? I can create a mission in Litchi Hub or VLM, but there is no way to preview that mission in Google Earth or some other 3D rendering?

Check out THIS YouTube video - should help you

Check out THIS YouTube video - should help you
I was watching it this morning. Great for picking your waypoints, but at no point does it simulate what a video would look like, unless I missed something. But since you brought it up, does the yellow pin represent the waypoint, or does the "snapshot view" for the pin when you import the KML?

Nevermind, I answered my own question. It seems VLM does exactly that in Google Earth Pro when you export to CSV. Not clear at all in the UI.

This is what you need to do:
Adds ability to export mission from mission hub as google earth virtual tour
This extension provides same functionality as Virtual Litchi Mission app Virtual Litchi Mission

Usage:
1. Install google-earth(-pro) desktop app.
2. Go to Mission Hub - Litchi
3. Select a mission, click "MISSIONS"->"Export as VLM", it will download .kml file
4. Click downloaded .kml file to open it in google earth (or import it into google arth manually).
5. In google earth click mission name under "Temporary places" and double-click "Virtual mission"
6. Enjoy :)

Or download Virtual Litchi Mission V2.5.0 which eliminates the need to do number 4 and number 5.0 as it does it automatically.

This is what you need to do:
Adds ability to export mission from mission hub as google earth virtual tour
This extension provides same functionality as Virtual Litchi Mission app Virtual Litchi Mission

Usage:
1. Install google-earth(-pro) desktop app.
2. Go to Mission Hub - Litchi
3. Select a mission, click "MISSIONS"->"Export as VLM", it will download .kml file
4. Click downloaded .kml file to open it in google earth (or import it into google arth manually).
5. In google earth click mission name under "Temporary places" and double-click "Virtual mission"
6. Enjoy :)

Or download Virtual Litchi Mission V2.5.0 which eliminates the need to do number 4 and number 5.0 as it does it automatically.
1. I do not see any "Export as VLM" option
2. I was unable to get a .kml file to show a POV flight path simulation. A 3D path .kml would show the flight path, but that is not what I was looking for.
3. VLM does exactly what I was looking for. You just need to use the "export as CSV" option, which actually does much more than just export CSV. I wish it would work with Google Earth Studio, but Google Earth Pro will do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa