DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on Galaxy TabPro

LeafPeeper

Reactions
*moving from general discussion section*

Hi guys -
Is anyone successfully running Litchi on a non-rooted, stock Galaxy TabPro (any size), and if so, is there a trick to getting it to run? I have an 8.4 that works great wit DJI Go 4, but Litchi won't even start. I just get the 'Unfortunately, Litchi has Stopped' error. I haven't gotten any responses from Litchi support, and I'm about ready to start asking for a refund. Before I do that, I just want to make sure I've tried everything. I've already tried clearing caches, reinstalling, removing Go 4, removing other apps, etc. Nothing I do gets me any further.

One alternative is to try rooting and installing LineageOS.....are there any known issues there?

Thanks - any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

LP

I used to use the Galaxy Tab S and the Tab S2 before switch to iPad Air 2. I switched because of having connection problems after some of the latest updates with Nougat. I had to create a separate user with just Litchi on it and switch users when I wanted to use it.

Thanks AP. I had read the threads regarding the S/S2, but they seemed more like connection problems such as you describe. I can't even get the app to launch. Strangely enough, Go 4 works fine. If Nougat is causing problems, I may not even consider going down the Lineage path either. I guess I'll keep hoping that Litchi will respond. I'd hate to have to ask for a refund. I really like some of the features Litchi offers...and can't figure out why DJI doesn't offer them too.

LP

*moving from general discussion section*

Hi guys -
Is anyone successfully running Litchi on a non-rooted, stock Galaxy TabPro (any size), and if so, is there a trick to getting it to run? I have an 8.4 that works great wit DJI Go 4, but Litchi won't even start. I just get the 'Unfortunately, Litchi has Stopped' error. I haven't gotten any responses from Litchi support, and I'm about ready to start asking for a refund. Before I do that, I just want to make sure I've tried everything. I've already tried clearing caches, reinstalling, removing Go 4, removing other apps, etc. Nothing I do gets me any further.

One alternative is to try rooting and installing LineageOS.....are there any known issues there?

Thanks - any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

LP
Glad I found this thread. I'm running Litchi on an ipad air, and having gimbal control issues. I was about to buy a second copy for my tab pro, but now I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I've read that it kitkat could be the problem, but the only way I know to I upgrade would be to root it, and I'm not going that route.

I'll watch for helpful info and post it if I find anything.

The Litchi guys fixed this problem several weeks ago. It works fine on my TabPro now. They found the bug and sent me a beta version before incorporating it into a release.

That said, although it does work on my TabPro, the performance isn't stellar. It's certainly usable, but there is some lag and stuttering in the FPV.

LP

The Litchi guys fixed this problem several weeks ago. It works fine on my TabPro now. They found the bug and sent me a beta version before incorporating it into a release.

That said, although it does work on my TabPro, the performance isn't stellar. It's certainly usable, but there is some lag and stuttering in the FPV.

LP
Hmmmmm, not what I was hoping to hear! I'm trying to work around the gimbal control problem. I was thinking that the ipad air didn't have the processing power, so I was considering the tab pro 8.4. I also have a Galaxy Note 4 (my current phone) but it has so much stuff on it that I wouldn't trust it to fly my drone. What to do? :)

I'm struggling a bit too. I've been using my Moto G3. Although the TabPro is definitely usable, the performance of my G3 is a little better. I'm trying to decide what to do next. I saw the deal on the iPad Mini 4 at Amazon and BestBuy, but I DETEST iOS. I also love the PolarPro front phone mount that I use with my G3. I just don't like having my FPV below (as in the built in holder) or directly over the remote....which a tablet would force. I'm thinking I may just update to a slightly newer phone.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots