DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on Mavic Air

Ron Caballero CAP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Verde Valley, AZ and Hampshire County, WV
I just ran my Mavic Air with Litchi. In the Litchi app, I was almost entirely restricted in (Manual) video settings. Most notably was the inability to turn on "Video Captions" thereby resulting in no SRT files. Has anyone else flown the Mavic Air (1, of course) using Litchi? What video options did you find? How did you access them?

Reactions: Claretcass
I'm not sure what restrictions beyond Video Captions you mean; I always fly Litchi with Manual video settings and have found no serious constraints; even the C+gimbal exposure adjustment works.

I haven't tried this yet but--as with some other settings--Video Captions might be "sticky" between DJI GO4 and Litchi. That is, if you turn on Video Captions in GO4, you may get an SRT file flying under Litchi. That said, it seems unlikely; I'm pretty sure that's handled on the mobile device, not the aircraft.

I haven't tried this yet but--as with some other settings--Video Captions might be "sticky" between DJI GO4 and Litchi. That is, if you turn on Video Captions in GO4, you may get an SRT file flying under Litchi. That said, it seems unlikely; I'm pretty sure that's handled on the mobile device, not the aircraft.

I would say the opposite, as the *.SRT is written to the SDCard which is aboard Aircraft, which to me would denote that the function is turned on via App, but held on aircraft side to write. Therefore as you, I would say turn it on in Go App. Close App and fly Litchi...should then write the file when using Litchi and continue till it was told to turn off back in the GO App side of things. :)

Reactions: Prismatic
I'm not sure what restrictions beyond Video Captions you mean; I always fly Litchi with Manual video settings and have found no serious constraints; even the C+gimbal exposure adjustment works.

The SRT files provide META DATA in addition to what found in the videos. Most particularly, the longitude and latitude are found in the SRT files. The only place I know that makes use of the SRT files is in "Hivemapper," to make 3D maps from videos. Image Composite Editor (ICE), Agisoft Metashape and others use photos and not videos to create 3D maps.

This is an old thread, and maybe everyone has figured it out, but I did find that the Video Captions (srt) is indeed sticky when set in the DJI app. I turned it on, then went to litchi, flew a mission and srt files were indeed created. That is with the Mavic 2 Pro. Unfortunately it did not work with the P4A.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N