DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi question

tleonhar

Reactions
I have a Litchi mission set up where at the first waypoint take a photo, then at waypoint two, start video recording for the balance of the mission. It starts out and takes the photo, but then when the video is suppose to start, it just continues to fly the rest of the mission I have to start the video manually. Am I doing something wrong or am I overlooking something here?

It may be because you have the mission settings in the Litchi app set to curved turns rather than straight line. Curved turns do not allow for actions at waypoints, which would allow for the switch to video and recording of that video for specified times at each waypoint.

In order to make the switch from the first waypoint photo to video, you would have to use straight line in the settings and then change the actions at the subsequent waypoints to video, including the length of time you loiter or remain at the waypoint collecting video at each waypoint.

Another way to do it would be to fly manually to the first waypoint location and after taking your still photo load and fly the mission using curved lines and video from the start point of that mission. Again, you would not be able to stop and take various actions if the turns were curved, the video would be continuous during the length of the mission. If you use this method, if there is a disconnection, the flight will continue until the last mission command, i.e., RTH, reverse the mission,, hover or land.

Hope this helps.

It may be because you have the mission settings in the Litchi app set to curved turns rather than straight line. Curved turns do not allow for actions at waypoints, which would allow for the switch to video and recording of that video for specified times at each waypoint.

In order to make the switch from the first waypoint photo to video, you would have to use straight line in the settings and then change the actions at the subsequent waypoints to video, including the length of time you loiter or remain at the waypoint collecting video at each waypoint.

Another way to do it would be to fly manually to the first waypoint location and after taking your still photo load and fly the mission using curved lines and video from the start point of that mission. Again, you would not be able to stop and take various actions if the turns were curved, the video would be continuous during the length of the mission. If you use this method, if there is a disconnection, the flight will continue until the last mission command, i.e., RTH, reverse the mission,, hover or land.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll edit that mission and see the results.

I suggest you pause the flight just before where you want the video to begin so you can check focus and confirm your camera settings for the conditions. Then start the video and resume the mission.

Yet another alternative is at WP 1: wait x seconds, take photo, start video. Now you can keep your curves at WPs and fly the mission.
Have you made your flight public on LITCHI?

Yet another alternative is at WP 1: wait x seconds, take photo, start video. Now you can keep your curves at WPs and fly the mission.
Have you made your flight public on LITCHI?
I haven't made it public yet, I intend to do so today as soon as I get done uploading to Youtube.

Here is the mission I was asking about:
This is when I manually started the video recording.

yes i,ve done the same with out realizing why videos would not start at waypoint 2 straight solved the prob;em

Fly the same mission again, only this time, lower the altitude for the POIs. If you are looking for the ball field primarily, you could actually keep your mission altitude lower (25 feet) and POI maybe 10-15 opposite the field.

Reactions: tleonhar
Fly the same mission again, only this time, lower the altitude for the POIs. If you are looking for the ball field primarily, you could actually keep your mission altitude lower (25 feet) and POI maybe 10-15 opposite the field.
Good point, initially when planning it in mission hub, I was concerned by the light towers.

The new app Dronelink (www.dronelink.com) which is available for beta testing bypasses these limitations with curved paths and actions.. You can program a flight on a computer, 3D preview and fly a curved path while taking photos, video, set camera commands etc. Same as litchi and VLM, but without Dji limitations.
Hakon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest