DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Safe with IOS?

Spanishcop

Reactions
Okay so I'm considering purchasing Litchi for my iPhone 7+. So my question is....

This problem everyone has complained about since DJI updated firmware... Is this only affecting Samsung/Android devices?

Is it safe to use in all modes on Litchi with the IOS version on an iPhone or iPad?

On this topic... Is there another app similar to Litchi I should consider like autopilot or just stick with Litchi for now. Wanting to do Nav points with points of interest. Trying to see what is best for me on IOS.

Thanks,
Mike

I've never had any issues with Litchi on IOS, the issue currently has to do with the latest firmware (Version 1.03.0500)on the Mavic, P4P, and I2. The .500 firmware has problems across several SDK applications, not just Litchi.

I've mostly used Litchi, I just tried DJI Ground Station Pro, but I don't think that has POI functionality.

I've never had any issues with Litchi on IOS, the issue currently has to do with the latest firmware (Version 1.03.0500)on the Mavic, P4P, and I2. The .500 firmware has problems across several SDK applications, not just Litchi.

I've mostly used Litchi, I just tried DJI Ground Station Pro, but I don't think that has POI functionality.

That's what I'm referring to.... The firmware Version 1.03.0500 so does this firmware have issues with IOS Litchi App or only issues with Android Litchi App or both versions of the apps have problems with this new firmware update.

As far as I know, its both versions, and across different SDK apps, I've stayed off Litchi, until the next firmware fix, or go back to .400.

Autopilot (which is iOS only) also has problems with the .500 firmware.

However - waypoints in Litchi still work fine on this firmware (I've flown several without any issues and their website confirms it's OK)

Its modes like Focus and POI/Orbit that can't be used at the moment unfortunately.

Another option is to downgrade the Mavic firmware then Litchi works just fine in all modes.

One great feature of Litchi is the ability to design complex missions in Mission Hub on a big screen PC at home/office before going to the location. Then just tweaking it once your on-site using your phone/tablet.

Last edited:
The .500 firmware reportedly affects only certain Litchi modes which have been disabled (pending a firmware fix). So Litchi works fine under the latest firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929