DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi scaring me to death

VegasDisplays

Reactions
The last few waypoint missions I flew with litchi really had me scared. They were all about 3000-4000ft at 300ft high. About half way through my missions at some point, my display would freeze and it would say RC disconnect with lots of beeping and vibrations going on with the controller. The first time this happened I just trusted that it would continue it's course and it did. This has been happening every time but it finishes just fine. Just wondering if there's something I can do to keep this from happening. I always make sure there's nothing blocking my line of flight and I'm not going that far. I'm just using an ipad mini 4 and the controller. Any ideas whats happening and what I can do to fix it???

The last few waypoint missions I flew with litchi really had me scared. They were all about 3000-4000ft at 300ft high. About half way through my missions at some point, my display would freeze and it would say RC disconnect with lots of beeping and vibrations going on with the controller. ...
Any ideas whats happening and what I can do to fix it???

Litchi doesn't disconnect your RC. It's only reporting that it's disconnected. Were you paying attention to your RC signal strength? If it falters due to interference, it will show the diminished signal on the app. If you are losing your signal (likely), then there's nothing that Litchi can do (or any other app for that matter). Only Litchi, however, will continue the mission without a connection. Others will RTH upon signal loss.

As you note, the mission will continue and as long as the last waypoint is near you, it will return as expected (or RTH if something else happens).

You should fly roughly the same course, with DJI Go and see if your RC loses the signal in the same approximate point. If it does, you know you have an interference problem.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Yea I'm pretty confident that Litchi is going to finish the mission, but I just think it's strange that I can fly normally for twice as far and not have my screen freeze up or say disconnected on it.

Yea I'm pretty confident that Litchi is going to finish the mission, but I just think it's strange that I can fly normally for twice as far and not have my screen freeze up or say disconnected on it.

Are you flying the same route? Are you flying with your device in airplane mode?

Are you flying the same route? Are you flying with your device in airplane mode?
Same route in fpv. Not the exact route as the waypoint mission but I flew to the area where I lost signal on my screen and it stayed on. Maybe the way the aircraft rotated to view a POI???

Same route in fpv. Not the exact route as the waypoint mission but I flew to the area where I lost signal on my screen and it stayed on. Maybe the way the aircraft rotated to view a POI???

Don't know. Were you watching your screen and paying attention to the signal meter? Technically, Litchi should have no effect on your RC signal.

Try flying FPV with DJI Go. Straight out. Look where the signal fades. Come back. Do the same with Litchi. (Don't watch your apps, but instead watch your RC signal meter). What is the distance difference?

Make sure you're standing in the same place. The MP is pointed straight away from you. And you hold the RC in the exact same manner, with the antennas at the exact same angle. I can lose/gain 100s of feet of range simply with a slight change in the antenna angles, or with a change in body position, so everything must be as close to the same as possible.

I guess I have to test it more thorough.
I noticed that the horizon went crooked about 10% at the point I lost video connection. It was straight the whole way then for one area it went crooked. Very strange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada