DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - setting Above Ground Level (AGL) while considering Mean Sea Level (MSL)

dan.utinske

Reactions
I want to do an out and return with a couple of POI included with the Waypoints. I live @ 350' above sea level and there are 100 - 200' tall trees on the route. In flight planning what does Litchi use for altitude reference when programming data for the flight? If I put 200', will it automatically take in consideration the MSL of the route? Thanks..

I want to do an out and return with a couple of POI included with the Waypoints. I live @ 350' above sea level and there are 100 - 200' tall trees on the route. In flight planning what does Litchi use for altitude reference when programming data for the flight? If I put 200', will it automatically take in consideration the MSL of the route? Thanks..
It uses the height above your take-off point (which is zero) unless you have enabled the above ground elevation feature, in which case it will reference Google Earth elevation data. You should place your first waypoint directly above your take-off point, and it's a good idea to have your last waypoint very close to your first. Plan your flight first in the mission hub and fly it virtually with Namirda's Virtual Litchi Mission.

Reactions: BD0G
Also keep in mind that Google Earth may not be accurate regarding tree heights and position and your route may deviate a few feet one way or another within GPS accuracy which can fluctuate. If you will be flying close to things then keep your eye on your drone and your thumb on your pause button.

Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851