DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi still crashes in Android 10 - no ETA on an update

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

Ever since I woke up one day to find that my Pixel had updated itself to Android 10, I have been unable to use Litchi. The app crashes on launch. I contacted Litchi about this and they say they can't fix it until DJI releases an API (or something along that line) for third party developers and they don't know when that will be. In the meantime, I am unable to fly way-point missions:(

Reactions: jimlips
That's quite disappointing.

It's times like these when I "appreciate" Samsung's slowness in pushing major Android updates. By the time Samsung gets around to updating, most of the 3rd party apps have resolved any issues with the new Android version.

Reactions: JAW
GO4 works with Android 10. But you need to update to the latest version.

GO4 works with Android 10. But you need to update to the latest version.

I had the latest GO4 version. It wouldn't even open without crashing for me. I deleted it and reinstalled. Seems to be working. I don't use my phone to fly anymore so I haven't tried flying with it.

I wish Kittyhawk would work though.

Litchi and Kittyhawk also simply exit when run on my Pixel 2 XL. Drat! Never should have updated to Android 10. Dang. Go4 works fine.

Reactions: Brewbud
Pixel 3 XL: Can't get GO4 to work at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still hangs up on Step 3 of "Connect the RC and Mobile Device. Since Litchi is DOA with Android 10, I am completely unable to fly. Any ideas?

Pixel 3 XL: Can't get GO4 to work at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still hangs up on Step 3 of "Connect the RC and Mobile Device. Since Litchi is DOA with Android 10, I am completely unable to fly. Any ideas?

That is a bummer. This is just a guess, one of the big changes for 10 is permissions. You might go into the phone's app settings and make sure GO 4 has location permissions and any others it may need. I wish I could be of more help but I haven't been flying with my phone lately.

That's quite disappointing.

It's times like these when I "appreciate" Samsung's slowness in pushing major Android updates. By the time Samsung gets around to updating, most of the 3rd party apps have resolved any issues with the new Android version.

Agreed!

That is a bummer. This is just a guess, one of the big changes for 10 is permissions. You might go into the phone's app settings and make sure GO 4 has location permissions and any others it may need. I wish I could be of more help but I haven't been flying with my phone lately.
Finally got GO4 to work. Used a cable from the center usb port on the controller and it worked with my Pixel 3XL and Antroid 10. Don't know if that is because of the use of the other port or just that I did the install and reinstall of the app again. Haven't tried Litchi yet but I did find something that I think is a disappointment about Litchi. I tried to install it on my wife's Pixel since she is still on Android 9 and found that there doesn't seem to be an option to install it on another device. I thought that, as with most apps I could just install it on another phone and login but it appears that you have to hit the buy button in the Playstore to install it.

Reactions: Brewbud
Haven't tried Litchi yet but I did find something that I think is a disappointment about Litchi. I tried to install it on my wife's Pixel since she is still on Android 9 and found that there doesn't seem to be an option to install it on another device. I thought that, as with most apps I could just install it on another phone and login but it appears that you have to hit the buy button in the Playstore to install it.
You can install Litchi on another device, I did that on my wife's phone. You have to first create an account on the phone with the same Google id you used when purchasing Litchi. Then open the Google play store with that same account and you can download and install Litchi without having to buy it again. Once the app is installed and setup, you can delete the Google account you added on the secondary phone and still use Litchi.

Also, glad you got Go4 going.

Finally got GO4 to work. Used a cable from the center usb port on the controller and it worked with my Pixel 3XL and Antroid 10. Don't know if that is because of the use of the other port or just that I did the install and reinstall of the app again. Haven't tried Litchi yet but I did find something that I think is a disappointment about Litchi. I tried to install it on my wife's Pixel since she is still on Android 9 and found that there doesn't seem to be an option to install it on another device. I thought that, as with most apps I could just install it on another phone and login but it appears that you have to hit the buy button in the Playstore to install it.

Excellent. The side USB port is very wonky. It always wants to disconnect. I only use that one to charge.

Looks like the latest Lichi update fixes things with Android 10.

Looks like the latest Lichi update fixes things with Android 10.
I just checked the play store, still no update for Litchi at my end. Also, I was wrong about deleting the secondary Google account on the second phone and still being able to use Litchi. On my wife's phone today, Litchi threw up a message stating the app was not licensed and I had to re add my Google account. It worked fine after that.

I just checked the play store, still no update for Litchi at my end. Also, I was wrong about deleting the secondary Google account on the second phone and still being able to use Litchi. On my wife's phone today, Litchi threw up a message stating the app was not licensed and I had to re add my Google account. It worked fine after that.
I'm opted into the Beta channel for Litchi on Google Play. If you do that, you'll get the updates a bit faster.

I'm opted into the Beta channel for Litchi on Google Play. If you do that, you'll get the updates a bit faster.
So an update is coming soon to the mainstream pipeline I imagine. That is very good news to me. I have been sorely missing Litchi.

edit: I just opted in to the beta program, and the update showed right away. Thanks ?

I am OK even I am usingMIUI 11 on Xiaomi mobile phone. I check it is Android 9, so no issue.

Last edited:
I am OK even I am using Android 11 on Xiaomi mobile phone.

"Android 11" isn't available yet. Probably not until March 2020.

"Android 11" isn't available yet. Probably not until March 2020.

I may dismiss, it is MIUI 11 for Xiaomi mobile. Actual it is Android 9. Sorry for misunderstand .

And Litchi fixed the issue with an update a while back. They took their sweet time though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair