DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LITCHI, STOP MISSION and ABOVE GROUND

JORGE SM

Reactions
Good.Any day I will dare to use LITCHI.
I still haven't tried it with the MAVIC 2 ZOOM. While I am under warranty, I do not want to have any problem and that by using LITCHI, DJI does not take over the warranty.But for now what I am using is the creator of missions by waypoints.
I also use VIRTUAL LITCHI MISSION to be able to see it later on GOOGLE EARTH.I have everything more or less clear, but there are a couple of doubts.
The first, on the screen appears an icon to stop the mission at any time, the question, with the pause button of the mavic station also for the mission?
I have also read that to stop it you would have to move the side shift button to SPORT mode, is that correct?
Thinking that the mobile screen will stop working for whatever reason, and be able to stop the mission ...

And the second, when we set the height of the WP, if we check the option of ABOVE GROUND, 2 height measurements appear.
I almost understand this part but there are doubts, they know of a tutorial where it is clearly explained.
The use that I would give is if I wanted to film a tower of a castle, when, from where the drone takes off, it is at the real height that it is, and then the first WP is set up for example 5 meters, from there, the Other heights marked on the other WP will go in relation to the height of the first.
Following the example if we give that our height is 0 and the first WP is set at 5 meters, the drone will stop at 5 meters high.
The next one, the pilot is still at the same height, but on the way to the castle tower, the height is increasing, that's why the above ground is so important, so that it takes into account the height of the ground that will rise automatically.
Regards

Last edited:
It would be easier to read if you broke that up into paragraphs and with questions in sentences with a question mark.

Heights are in relation to TO point unless set relative to ground.

Reactions: JORGE SM
Sport mode stops everything. That is the most reliable way to end a mission in progress. Your first waypoint should always be directly above, or very close to, your take-off point. If you are using AGL altitudes then the yellow number in the mission hub is the height above the ground that is directly below that point. The aircraft will gradually increase/decrease altitude between two waypoints.

It would be easier to read if you broke that up into paragraphs and with questions in sentences with a question mark.

Heights are in relation to TO point unless set relative to ground.

Thank you. You're right. I am writing to you from Spain and I use the GOOGLE TRANSLATOR, although I already suppose that you will have noticed the translator.

Sport mode stops everything. That is the most reliable way to end a mission in progress. Your first waypoint should always be directly above, or very close to, your take-off point. If you are using AGL altitudes then the yellow number in the mission hub is the height above the ground that is directly below that point. The aircraft will gradually increase/decrease altitude between two waypoints.

As for stopping the mission I will try to move the SPORT MODE button and I understand that at that moment the drone will stop and take control.
But I will also try, as Harold comments, to press the pause button on the station. Sometimes it is interesting to stop and then continue or abort without further ado.

I have created several missions with WP and I have not tried them yet, it is to practice with virtual licthi and when I decide to try Litchi, we will see what happens.
Now I leave a couple of files that I just created with VIRTUAL LITCHI MISSIONS.
They are 5 waypoints.
A file contains the points, all with avobe ground and the other without above ground.I have exported both to Google Earth, and they seem exactly the same to me.If you feel like it, you could import them and try.Thank you.

Attachments

• TEST WITH ABOVE GROUND.zip
    410 bytes · Views: 3
  • TEST WITHOUTH ABOVE GROUND.zip
    407 bytes · Views: 3
Your missions look similar because your ground elevations are similar. The terrain beneath your points is water. Try creating a mission somewhere else in the world where it is mountainous terrain and you will see the difference.

It's also a good practice to place your last way-point very close to your first, especially on longer missions. Also make sure to allow a good margin of error when using elevations over water, as Google Earth may not be quite accurate in such situations. You can always lower way-points that turn out to be too high, but if you make an error and set one too low then you might be in a bad situation.

Reactions: freightshaker
Good.Any day I will dare to use LITCHI.
I still haven't tried it with the MAVIC 2 ZOOM. While I am under warranty, I do not want to have any problem and that by using LITCHI, DJI does not take over the warranty.But for now what I am using is the creator of missions by waypoints.
I also use VIRTUAL LITCHI MISSION to be able to see it later on GOOGLE EARTH.I have everything more or less clear, but there are a couple of doubts.
The first, on the screen appears an icon to stop the mission at any time, the question, with the pause button of the mavic station also for the mission?
I have also read that to stop it you would have to move the side shift button to SPORT mode, is that correct?
Thinking that the mobile screen will stop working for whatever reason, and be able to stop the mission ...

And the second, when we set the height of the WP, if we check the option of ABOVE GROUND, 2 height measurements appear.
I almost understand this part but there are doubts, they know of a tutorial where it is clearly explained.
The use that I would give is if I wanted to film a tower of a castle, when, from where the drone takes off, it is at the real height that it is, and then the first WP is set up for example 5 meters, from there, the Other heights marked on the other WP will go in relation to the height of the first.
Following the example if we give that our height is 0 and the first WP is set at 5 meters, the drone will stop at 5 meters high.
The next one, the pilot is still at the same height, but on the way to the castle tower, the height is increasing, that's why the above ground is so important, so that it takes into account the height of the ground that will rise automatically.
Regards
You can take off using DJI Go 4.
Switch to Litchi
Upload the Litchi Mission to the drone
Switch back to DJI Go 4

And the flight log will still be in DJI Go 4 and DJI will be none the wiser

Reactions: freightshaker
Fly a few missions close to your location, say a field or empty parking lot. Where you can keep it in sight. Try things like the Points Of Intrest (POI), observe the altitude. Set your cruising speed low, better to practice with everything in slow motion & in visual distance to see how it performs. Try the pause button & switch to Sports mode during the trial mission. My first trial I did was to circle my car. I wanted something like a Go 4 app point of interest but at low altitude, I wanted it to be as if the car was in a commercial, on a turntable type shot. Well the Mavic made a big rectangle around my car but I forgot the POI's & speed, went too quickly & the camera stayed pointed the same direction (South) the whole flight. Once you're comfortable then try a longer mission.
Like someone mentioned, make your first & last waypoints near your take off, ESPECIALLY your last one because if connection is lost the drone will continue its mission & hover at the last waypoint. If the last waypoint is over water or far away & you're unable to get to it before the battery runs down it will land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme