DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi v dji fly

teccer

Reactions
does litchi app work in tripod mode on mini 2?
today I had a flight to take some photos and a video for a friend using litchi, I found that it appears that litchi doesn't seem to react slowly in tripod mode, even when I used the sticks very slowly the reaction was fast and slightly jerky as if in notmal mode.
so then I had a similar flight using dji fly app, absolutly different reaction in tripod mode, turns/gimbal movement, all reactions slow.
any answers?

does litchi app work in tripod mode on mini 2?
today I had a flight to take some photos and a video for a friend using litchi, I found that it appears that litchi doesn't seem to react slowly in tripod mode, even when I used the sticks very slowly the reaction was fast and slightly jerky as if in notmal mode.
so then I had a similar flight using dji fly app, absolutly different reaction in tripod mode, turns/gimbal movement, all reactions slow.
any answers?
well now I can answer my own question, today I flew using litchi with the RC set on normal, all the inputs on the sticks were as usual for normal speed then I switched over to cine/tripod and all input from the sticks slowed down as they should so from this I recon that if you takeoff in cine/tripod mode it will run in normal mode not cine/tripod so now I'll always start in normal mode then switch to cine/tripod mode

Reactions: eva2000
I have no idea what "tripod" mode is but all stick movements whether in Normal, Cine or Sports mode can be altered to what you want. Simply go into the main menu (three dots top right), Control, Advanced Gimbal Settings. Adjust the sliders to what you want, the lower the number, the less drone movement you get for stick movement.0VovaCStLFa3Oq1-1arztEUrkJzY44fNbRrj-j9pYKqGgSa0LYHRxbRdQzhaHgPwPUHGGKgqTyy4jIJJ5F1Ib3gCGNxgM0...jpg

Don't forget that if you get a problem flying Litchi, none of the DJI warranties are valid!!

Last edited:
I reckon that if you takeoff in cine/tripod mode it will run in normal mode not cine/tripod so now I'll always start in normal mode then switch to cine/tripod mode
That's how your drone works.
It has nothing to do with Litchi.
It doesn't matter what position the Flight Mode switch is in, the drone will always launch in Normal Mode.
After launching you can switch to another mode.

Reactions: eva2000
Don't forget that if you get a problem flying Litchi, none of the DJI warranties are valid!!
Although this is commonly repeated here, it's not true.
Flying with a 3rd party app would only void warranty cover if the problem can be shown to have been caused by the 3rd party software.

I have no idea what "tripod" mode is
well on my RC the switch has the option of C/N/S but when I'm in C=cine my screen says tripod mode so they are both the same and as for the settings you show I did know about that and they have been set to my requirements

and from Meta4
It doesn't matter what position the Flight Mode switch is in, the drone will always launch in Normal Mode.
After launching you can switch to another mode.

that explains all, thanks

well on my RC the switch has the option of C/N/S but when I'm in C=cine my screen says tripod mode so they are both the same and as for the settings you show I did know about that and they have been set to my requirements
Oh, I hadn't seen that on my screen? I must have a look next time if fire it up.

Although this is commonly repeated here, it's not true.
Flying with a 3rd party app would only void warranty cover if the problem can be shown to have been caused by the 3rd party software.
Thanks Meta4. That statement is straight from an email from "[email protected]" after I asked the question so I'd rather go with that and use the Fly App just in case 😎

Thanks Meta4. That statement is straight from an email from "[email protected]" after I asked the question so I'd rather go with that and use the Fly App just in case 😎
you don't know what your missing,,,, running comentary on H, D, battery, video switches on on takeoff, etc, go on and try it, as for warrenty mine ran out long time ago

Unfortunately DJI support people are unreliable as a source of correct information and frequently offer misinformation.
The wording in DJI's warranty says all you need to know.
It says that the warranty does not cover loss or damage caused by 3rd party software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3