DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi VLM Auto(TNW) to Custom(WD) question

CmcbMav2

Reactions
Hi Folks,

Just a newbie here but looking forward to being involved in this great forum. I've been using the Litchi App and VLM for a few months now and have reviewed the help files extensively. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to change the heading from Auto(TNW) to Custom (WD) for certain waypoints.
Here's the sequence of events for an example:

Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
Place approximately 30 waypoints (headings point to next waypoint..great)
I want to change two waypoints to Custom(WD) however Heading is grayed out.
Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Custom(WD)
I can now change the heading mode for those two waypoints to whatever I want, however all the other waypoints have changed headings to 0... not what I was expecting!
I could manually rotate all headings for the remaining 28 waypoints but it would be nice if when changing from Auto(TNW) to Custom(WD in mission settings that the waypoints maintain their previous heading.
Hope that's clear as mud..

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Just a newbie here but looking forward to being involved in this great forum. I've been using the Litchi App and VLM for a few months now and have reviewed the help files extensively. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to change the heading from Auto(TNW) to Custom (WD) for certain waypoints.
Here's the sequence of events for an example:

Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
Place approximately 30 waypoints (headings point to next waypoint..great)
I want to change two waypoints to Custom(WD) however Heading is grayed out.
Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Custom(WD)
I can now change the heading mode for those two waypoints to whatever I want, however all the other waypoints have changed headings to 0... not what I was expecting!
I could manually rotate all headings for the remaining 28 waypoints but it would be nice if when changing from Auto(TNW) to Custom(WD in mission settings that the waypoints maintain their previous heading.
Hope that's clear as mud..

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks

Solved:
1. Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
2. Place your waypoints (headings will automatically be pointed towards next waypoint)
3. MISSIONS->Export as CSV
4. CLEAR all Waypoints
5. SETTINGS->HEADING MODE->CUSTOM(WD)
6. MISSIONS->Import-Select the file you created in step 3

All Headings should be pointed towards next waypoint, however you can rotate individual waypoints.

Reactions: Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots