DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoint mission not precise

Mario_S

Reactions
Hi all,new to litchi

I’m trying to execute repeated flights over a construction site here in Rome,
so I can later sticht the videos showing the before/during/end process like in this video -
Unfortunatly, even with a simple push in towards the building, the heading is always slightly different.

I’ve set the heading on poi 1(center of building) and the second point to the same heading as waypoint one.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

I'm not sure it this is helpful or even fully correct. But it might be important to know that civilian GPS has a different level of accuracy than military GPS. If you haven't noticed, should you use the Return-to-Home feature on your drone it can be a few feet off. I believ that is due to the level of accuracy of civilian GPS. So perhaps the waypoint missions are off because of that?

Did you create the waypoint mission on your phone/tablet or on your computer?

GPS itself only gives position. Heading is either from the compass or by comparing current gps position with previous gps position and calculating direction. Given that gps position does wander slightly that introduces errors. The compass deals with yaw movements where the drone has turned on the spot.
If you want accurate gps position you need a surveyed base station to work from.

I'm not sure it this is helpful or even fully correct. But it might be important to know that civilian GPS has a different level of accuracy than military GPS. If you haven't noticed, should you use the Return-to-Home feature on your drone it can be a few feet off. I believ that is due to the level of accuracy of civilian GPS. So perhaps the waypoint missions are off because of that?

Did you create the waypoint mission on your phone/tablet or on your computer?

Yes that’s correct. In some cases the GPS is accurate only to within 15 metres which seems a lot but I have experienced it on occasion with some apps. I have been up to 12 feet out with Litchi.

You could try rotate aircraft as an action at waypoint, That's what i do, that'll be compass set by you, And not the drone trying to calculate it for you. If that's off then the compass isn't good enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7