DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi.... You folks are spending my money now

SmilingOgre

Reactions
Ok, So i registered with Litchi and put together a mission. I think I'm getting hooked. Sure was nice to just sit at my computer without the drone running and everything all wired up. Looks very straight forward. That scares me beyond the capacity for rational thought. I really don't want to bounce off anyone else's roof or chase some poor kids across a field.

PLEASE, feel free to drop any words of wisdom you have. Per Harold Kerzner (project management author) it's the "unknown unknown" that is the biggest problem and in this hobby those can be expensive.

Make sure you set the correct altitude on those waypoints and also you can export the mission and import in google earth and double check the path and everything clear the ground.

Make sure you set the correct altitude on those waypoints and also you can export the mission and import in google earth and double check the path and everything clear the ground.
Groove! Will do.

Ok, So i registered with Litchi and put together a mission. I think I'm getting hooked. Sure was nice to just sit at my computer without the drone running and everything all wired up. Looks very straight forward. That scares me beyond the capacity for rational thought. I really don't want to bounce off anyone else's roof or chase some poor kids across a field.

PLEASE, feel free to drop any words of wisdom you have. Per Harold Kerzner (project management author) it's the "unknown unknown" that is the biggest problem and in this hobby those can be expensive.

I have been flying with Litchi for a couple of years now, it is amazing, even if the Mavic loses contact, it will complete the mission. Make sure your settings are where you want them to be, make sure it is not set to land with loss of signal, etc. On a mission it will always complete the flight, is is a beautiful thing to watch.

I have been flying with Litchi for a couple of years now, it is amazing, even if the Mavic loses contact, it will complete the mission. Make sure your settings are where you want them to be, make sure it is not set to land with loss of signal, etc. On a mission it will always complete the flight, is is a beautiful thing to watch.
Thank you sir! I'm sold, I just don't want to do something stupid in programming a flight.

Love Litchi! Created missions online and then flown them 350 miles away!!
I just make sure I calibrate the aircraft GPS each time...?

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Love Litchi! Created missions online and then flown them 350 miles away!!
I just make sure I calibrate the aircraft GPS each time...?
Appreciate that.... Will do!

I love Litchi. They have been remodeling my G.K.'s house next door now for a year. (all most done) I made a mission & saved it. I've flowed that same mission now over 200 times. Only 3 minutes long.
This will be some videos they will love to have & see later.
Nice that it's the same settings & they can see all the changes.

I love Litchi. They have been remodeling my G.K.'s house next door now for a year. (all most done) I made a mission & saved it. I've flowed that same mission now over 200 times. Only 3 minutes long.
This will be some videos they will love to have & see later.
Nice that it's the same settings & they can see all the changes.
Live it!! I've got a head full of ideas but I'm going to take baby steps testing each mission as I go. Starting simple and seeing now it actually works. One of the first things I want to test is a straight assent. I'm not sure that I can put two sequential waypoints in the same location (lon/lat) with only an altitude change and expect the drone to perform that maneuver.

Live it!! I've got a head full of ideas but I'm going to take baby steps testing each mission as I go. Starting simple and seeing now it actually works. One of the first things I want to test is a straight assent. I'm not sure that I can put two sequential waypoints in the same location (lon/lat) with only an altitude change and expect the drone to perform that maneuver.

I set my first waypoint in my driveway, the altitude at 65 ft. (in order to clear all my trees) Drone goes straight up to 65 ft. Then goes over to the house about 300 ft away & drops down to 35 ft to fly all around it. In the end, I have it RTH that altitude is set to 90 ft in the controller. comes back & lands on my drive at the same spot it took off. I never touch any controls.

I did do many short trials & learned the good, bad & ugly of what to do & not do before I finally got enough nerve to do this mission the way I wanted it. I'm flying an MPP Lots of fun for an 85-year old that can't see very good.

I set my first waypoint in my driveway, the altitude at 65 ft. (in order to clear all my trees) Drone goes straight up to 65 ft. Then goes over to the house about 300 ft away & drops down to 35 ft to fly all around it. In the end, I have it RTH that altitude is set to 90 ft in the controller. comes back & lands on my drive at the same spot it took off. I never touch any controls.

I did do many short trials & learned the good, bad & ugly of what to do & not do before I finally got enough nerve to do this mission the way I wanted it. I'm flying an MPP Lots of fun for an 85-year old that can't see very good.
Congrats on 85! I'm just a kid of 66, lol. Great to know it will even take off using waypoints. That was one question I had. I'm going go slow with a lot of trials too. Now I can't wait for the weekend!!!!

On a mission it will always complete the flight, is is a beautiful thing to watch.
Like a lot of us, I tend to "skim" while reading and glossed over your warnings - to the quoted sentence.

For clarity, there is a setting for that exact thing - it will come home if you specifically tell it to.

litchi.PNG

I'm itching to try the "Reverse" setting.

Thanks! I guess I've been skimming too. Never noticed the "Reverse" option. "Back to 1" looks pretty cool too!

Reactions: TreeHugger

Just make certain you tick those little boxes next to "above ground" with each of your altitude settings when programming the flight, if your mission includes obstacles or terrain higher than your home point.
Otherwise the entire flight will be conducted using your "home" point as the ground reference, can be disastrous!

Just make certain you tick those little boxes next to "above ground" with each of your altitude settings when programming the flight, if your mission includes obstacles or terrain higher than your home point.
Otherwise the entire flight will be conducted using your "home" point as the ground reference, can be disastrous!
Thank you sir! Great safety tip. Wasn't sure how that all shook out.

I have been flying with Litchi for a couple of years now, it is amazing, even if the Mavic loses contact, it will complete the mission.

Which is, technically, illegal in most countries without a special waiver. If you're not in contact with the drone, you've no way to monitor it's progress or control it for safety reasons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji