DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi?

Howcroft22

Reactions
I hear this mentioned a lot. Is this just a better app than dji go 4? If so, what is so great about it? I’d like to check it out but don’t know if it’s worth the money for me.

A lot of people use Litchi for its waypoints feature. Check out these search results for some more differences.

Reactions: JMMY
On the Android version the app requires waaay more permissions that logically necessary. Keep that in mind.

I was always hesitant about this app but due to the recent glitches in DJI GO 4, I tried it. I am now a believer although I had issues fine tuning some of the camera settings.

I purchased it while on sale. The Way Points feature is pretty neat. ONe thing I learned is that the GPS accuracy can be off by 15' or more, so be careful about proximity of obstructions at the way points.

Reactions: Howcroft22
Lichti is not better perse then DJIGO4 . Its a bit of a different animal.

For instance- Can DJIGO4 do waypoint missions. Sure. However , one must fly to each waypoint and "mark" the waypoint. Then one can initiate the waypoint mission for it to be flown.
This uses battery life as one has to first fly the planned mission.
With Lichti one can plan the waypoint mission beforehand and then go to the location and fly it. Lichti offers an online web based mission hub for planning ones mission that can be accessed from virtually any device that has internet connection.

Can DJIGO 4 do panorama's - Sure
Lichti can as well and gives more granular control - for instance - setting how many rows of snaps to take and how many columns as well as time to wait before taking the snap.

Lichti also has an FPV (First person video) mode where it will allow one to split the screen into two displays which can be used with ones phone slipped into a virtual reality style headset.

Android version and Apple version of Lichti are separate programs and as such one pays a fee to download for each platform.

I would go crazy flying in familiar areas day in and day out. Litchi waypoint missions added a new dimension of flying which keeps my attention, keeping me sane.

There are other features of Litchi I don't use, and I mostly use Go 4 for general flying since that is what I learned on. It is personal preference, but again, waypoint missions are the bulk of my flying so I use Litchi way more.

Reactions: GooterFly68
I use DJI for most of my flying, but for waypoint missions Litchi is worth it just for this alone.
As others have mentioned you can plan a mission at home and then execute it out on site.
Litchi will complete a mission even if it loses signal contact.
Litchi uses the DJI sdk(software development kit). However I am unsure of your warranty situation if you crash with Litchi. You will come across numerous posts "Litchi crashed my drone", these are nearly always pilot error, or not understanding the App(actually same as pilot error)
I use Litchi on IOS, which seems smoother than android, I have used both, and it is very stable on IOS, many users prefer it to DJI Go.

Reactions: beinhart
I purchased it while on sale. The Way Points feature is pretty neat. ONe thing I learned is that the GPS accuracy can be off by 15' or more, so be careful about proximity of obstructions at the way points.

How much was it in the sale? Do they have them often?

Not in a rush to buy so could wait for the next sale.

I like the fact that you can record your screen. That seems like it would be a good idea but I don’t understand what is the reason for these missions. so you set a waypoint or 2 and The drone flies to them automatically. Is there a reason anyone would want to do this? I realize there must be because everyone seems to like to do it

I like the fact that you can record your screen. That seems like it would be a good idea but I don’t understand what is the reason for these missions. so you set a waypoint or 2 and The drone flies to them automatically. Is there a reason anyone would want to do this? I realize there must be because everyone seems to like to do it

You can set waypoints with POIs, so you can have the drone rotate to face a building/object etc as it does its waypoints, or schedule a panorama or video a specific location. It's going to be much smoother than manually doing it.

I purchased the Litchi app over 2yrs ago and used it a few times with my Phantoms, but I can’t get it to link up with my Mavic to try it out....[emoji37]

I purchased the Litchi app over 2yrs ago and used it a few times with my Phantoms, but I can’t get it to link up with my Mavic to try it out....[emoji37]

I haven't tried it yet with my Mavic since buying it a few days back (stupid rain!). Hopefully I fare better than you did!

You made me nervous, so I connected my iPhone and Litchi found the drone right away. Peculiar you're having issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prado man
I love the Litchi App, its give you the ability to fly the same route time after time. You can get perfect pans and camera angles. I've used it probably 2 dozen times and never had any issues.

Both of these videos were 100% preplanned

I use Litchi to run a Waypoint mission around a neighbors house under construction whenever weather and daylight permit. I am then able to stitch the videos into a time-lapse of the house being built. The accuracy from one day to the next is not exact but close enough to get the effect.

Another advantage of having Litchi is you have another way to control your Mavic in case Go 4 crashes.

I use Litchi to run a Waypoint mission around a neighbors house under construction whenever weather and daylight permit. I am then able to stitch the videos into a time-lapse of the house being built. The accuracy from one day to the next is not exact but close enough to get the effect.

Another advantage of having Litchi is you have another way to control your Mavic in case Go 4 crashes.

I did the same concept with this video, it turned out OK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929