DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi.........

This really depends on what your needs are. For example, If you need to create a pre-programmed route using Waypoints, Litchi is far superior. I suggest you do a comprehensive search on this forum and you will find a great deal of useful information. YouTube also has a vast amount of information covering the the pros and cons of both apps.

Last edited:
As ksmusa stated, the Waypoints feature is great and in my opinion worth the price of the app. Another reason to get it is to have a second piece of control software in case Go 4 has a problem.

for me the flexibility of the pano features in litchi is easy worth the price, i can bracket every shot in litchi and tell it how many rows and how wide i want the pano, dji cant do any of that with user input. a bracketed pano has incredible detail

for me the flexibility of the pano features in litchi is easy worth the price, i can bracket every shot in litchi and tell it how many rows and how wide i want the pano, dji cant do any of that with user input. a bracketed pano has incredible detail

Can you explain what you use bracketing for in a pano? Just to have the best exposure? or are you making an HDR pano?

I cannot fly missions that I built on mission hub and downloaded to the litchi app, I get a "mission failed to load error, I was running the latest version of litchi 4.x. when I posted my problem on Facebook litchi replied that I needed to install version 3.10.10 to be comparable with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6active) an the gave me a link to download the software

This mobile device won't be powerful enough to run Litchi's latest version correctly.

You could either upgrade to a more powerful device or downgrade Litchi to 3.10.10. You can install 3.10.10 from here: https://drive.google.com/.../0B9SCOsPRhNjTbGZMWk9GNG.../view
Please note when using the latest DJI firmware with Litchi 3.10.10, you need to first start DJI Go to unlock flight limits, then close DJI Go and start Litchi

For Android, our recommended devices are: Nvidia Shield K1, Google Pixel/Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7Edge/S8/S8+/Note 5, Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4inch.
For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X.

I downloaded and installed it but now i can't fly the drone at all.
CannotConnect.jpg

The phone is connected to the drone's IOT. Mavic-****** so I don't know what to do.

Can you explain what you use bracketing for in a pano? Just to have the best exposure? or are you making an HDR pano?
not so much a hdr pano but yes, when u merge 3 raw files or 5 if u like for every single in a pano u get incredible detail, each file in the pano is huge and detailed and stays as a raw file even after u merge them all so no loss of detail converting to jpeg, i only convert after all editing is done and i end up with a huge 14000x6000 px image. dji cant do this, also in litchi u can pano in portait mode which i like to do also cant do that in dji

not so much a hdr pano but yes, when u merge 3 raw files or 5 if u like for every single in a pano u get incredible detail, each file in the pano is huge and detailed and stays as a raw file even after u merge them all so no loss of detail converting to jpeg, i only convert after all editing is done and i end up with a huge 14000x6000 px image. dji cant do this, also in litchi u can pano in portait mode which i like to do also cant do that in dji

Gotcha. I've never tried a pano in portrait mode.... in normal mode, a 360 degree horizontal pano takes 8 pics across. How many pics if I do the same thing in portrait mode?

Gotcha. I've never tried a pano in portrait mode.... in normal mode, a 360 degree horizontal pano takes 8 pics across. How many pics if I do the same thing in portrait mode?
i dont do 360 panos only 135 and 180 for very wide horizonatal panos. thats also another ffeature of litchi u can choose how wide u want, i prefer 135 unless i really want to cover a lot of ground then 180, in portrait mode i shoot 5 photos one row, if i want some ground then ill switch to reg mode and shoot 5 photos 2 rows in reg mode for a bit larger image than in portait mode, i havent played much with the angle of the rows yet to see what affect that has on images

Reactions: Dmbrody
I have had Litchi for eons now but hardly ever used it, I think I used it a few times on a previous phoneSamsung S3 ( not knowing when I purchased it that it doesn't support my N5110 Samsung Galaxy Note tablet)

I now have a Samsung J5 phone and each time I try and open the app, I get this page that flashes on and of every half second with a choice of making it the 'preferred' USB connection- there's a box to click and then two options, either accept or cancel. Everytime you try and press on the buttons it goes off, it's as if the box isn't there and whatever is in the back ground becomes active- eg another app or what ever you connect with, with your finger.

Any ideas? I have emailed Litchi, but I thought someone on here may have experienced the same problem. I have gone into the app settings but there is nothing available to 'click on' to make it the preferred choice etc, I have removed Dji4go app so there should be nothing conflicting.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

i dont do 360 panos only 135 and 180 for very wide horizonatal panos. thats also another ffeature of litchi u can choose how wide u want, i prefer 135 unless i really want to cover a lot of ground then 180, in portrait mode i shoot 5 photos one row, if i want some ground then ill switch to reg mode and shoot 5 photos 2 rows in reg mode for a bit larger image than in portait mode, i havent played much with the angle of the rows yet to see what affect that has on images

Hoping not to get chastised for asking, but can you recommend a good "how to" source for your technique using Litchi for panos?

Hoping not to get chastised for asking, but can you recommend a good "how to" source for your technique using Litchi for panos?

i culdnt find much info on litchi panos so i did the obvious and did trial and error, i shoot 5-images and 2 rows and 135 degrees, i then merge them in light room, if theres an image i really like i will shoot the pano sequence in bracket mode so thats 5images x 2 rows =10 x 3 bracketed = 30 images, i thenmerge each 3 shot image then merge the 10 hdr images to get my high res pano, very time consumiing but worth it for some images.

Reactions: Norm62
i culdnt find much info on litchi panos so i did the obvious and did trial and error, i shoot 5-images and 2 rows and 135 degrees, i then merge them in light room, if theres an image i really like i will shoot the pano sequence in bracket mode so thats 5images x 2 rows =10 x 3 bracketed = 30 images, i thenmerge each 3 shot image then merge the 10 hdr images to get my high res pano, very time consumiing but worth it for some images.

Thanks for responding. I found a few YT vids that helped too. I was confused about being able to set the camera (in Litchi) for bracketed shots during a pano. I was thinking Litchi completely controlled the cameras functions while using that mode. I watch so many tutorial videos, I confuse myself sometimes. Now I just need to settle on an adequate freebie application to merge everything and get to experimenting. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54