DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little map bottom left of screen-how to interpret?

twickers14

Reactions
Can anyone point me to a clear explanation (perhaps a You Tube) of the facilities provided by the little map bottom left of my iPhone (sure it has a proper name) linked of course to the basic MA2 RC. Am using the latest Firmware on Fly and the RC. Even though I have made over 300 flights (mix of Spark and MA2) I don’t feel I have good understanding of this.

I don't care for the attitude indicator in the FLY app, I preferred the Go4 version.

Here's a couple of links may help to explain it better.

I don’t believe anyone can talk faster than Mr.Drone Valley.
Thanks. Yes he’s a fast talker but very helpful. Will go out soon and play around with the little map (attitude indicator!!) with my drone nice and close so I can see the effects of my stick movements and the drone’s position with me and the Home Point. Much obliged.

Reactions: MA2 317
Sorry. I have written a little reply to Starz and it should have gone to you. Put it down to age! Thank you though and will put it all to the test.

Reactions: MA2 317
Sorry. I have written a little reply to Starz and it should have gone to you. Put it down to age! Thank you though and will put it all to the test.
I took my MA2 out yesterday and although I worked my way round the info I couldn’t see a false horizon-is there another view by pressing one of the other corners of the indicator?

The horizon portion of the attitude indicator is the two horizontal lines on either side of the arrow. If they are flush with the mid dashed lines (the artificial horizon), you are flying straight and level. If tilted left or right you are in a turn or have a crosswind. If lines parallel to the dashes, but higher, you are climbing; lower and parallel, descending (at least that's my recollection - been awhile since I've been flying the Air2 so may be conflating this nose up nose down with a real attitude indicator on planes).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123