DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little Mini all Wrapped up... Mini Mavic Skin

Dougcjohn

Reactions
The little Mini with a new skin... I went with Neon Orage to help it stand out.

Extremely good fit & finish... It doesn't completely cover the grey body; for a skin pretty good!

I've used Wrap Grade for all my Mavics: MP, MA, M2, M2ED and the Mini.
All the skins have been a super quality product. Easy to apply, remains on but not difficult to remove.

The whole key is patience, go slow and follow the sequence... it's a small jigsaw puzzle to wrap clean and smooth seams.

Wrap Grade... For Mavic Mini

MM Skin1.jpgMM Skin3.jpgMM Skin2.jpg

Love Wrapgrade.
I'd agree... they make "THE Best" skins hands down.
Every one I'd used has been top notch!

Like the way you can remove & adjust several times without lose of ahession and in a few days it sets up great!

I've asked them to make Phantom & Inspires.
I see they have Phantom now too.

Reactions: old man mavic
Good looking wrap. I like the full coverage.

Reactions: old man mavic
very nice i have the orange on my MPP and the yellow on my MM, it really improves visual recognition and when it is sunny as you yaw the sun glints off the drone and lights it up

very nice i have the orange on my MPP and the yellow on my MM, it really improves visual recognition and when it is sunny as you yaw the sun glints off the drone and lights it up
I'd agree on color helps visually! Some state bright colors don't help... they don't provide the contrast as a dark color. I'd also agree in long distance with certain sky colors.

I've found near trees, roofs or normal distances... the orange helps my aging eyes!

In comparison to the default light grey... My opinion that was a bad choice for small craft. The small profile & light grey disappears very fast for me... Winter grayish skies!

Any color I think would be an improvement.
Plus, I personally just like the orange sitting static too.

Looks great!

A bit put off by their price.

I found DecalGirl had a nice selection about half the cost and includes the remote skin (although doesn’t appear to be full coverage). I chose “Electrify Ice Blue” - not the brightest they offer, yet I like the multi colors ?

Happy New Year & Happy Flying All!

Mark

EC54F2A0-21CF-499C-ADD7-A5088FFC6201.jpeg

Have used several brands favor Wrapgrade even with increased cost due to thickness primarily. Yellows and oranges are great for aiding in finding a downed/lost drone. However since I can’t see the color beyond 150-200’ when flying. I went with Celeste Blue and Coloration X on my drones.

Looks great!

A bit put off by their price.

I found DecalGirl had a nice selection about half the cost and includes the remote skin (although doesn’t appear to be full coverage). I chose “Electrify Ice Blue” - not the brightest they offer, yet I like the multi colors ?

Happy New Year & Happy Flying All!

Mark

View attachment 89415
Looks great!!
I"ve tried a few of DecalGirl and the other parties that sell the same kits and in my opinion no comparison Wrap Grade. Thinner, patterns accuracy and the poly material.

But does look nice!!

I've done several Mavics and have a good feel working with the kits. The best and worst feature of WrapGrade is .5-1mm overlap seams; makes the very clean full wrap from several sectional pieces. The time to align to get an even overlap and the gentle stretch when needed aligned is the patience & time element.

Pre-cleaning with isopropyl and skin application was about 1.5-2 hrs probably... my time at table was 3 hrs, but watching drag races and playing with cats too. The Mini has no batteries to skin like the other Mavics. The larger Mavics take about the same time... individual pieces are bigger, the Mini’s smaller parts & pieces were more time consuming getting the alignment started for my large hands.

Overall, I enjoy the project and have no desire to rush.

the time it takes really depends on how well you want it to look ,and your skill level and patience but the end result is well worth the effort ,and remember it is not just about being able to see the drone at distance but also it protects the original finish as well,when i changed my MPP's skin after about a year and peeled off the old wrap it looked brand new

Last edited:
The Dystopian design looks great, i have just purchased form decalgirl myself, after reading on here that wrapgrade did great full cover options too.

Was it a relatively easy job to do? I am usually tinkering with this sort of stuff anyways but always good to get pointers from people who have had the opportunity to give it a go.

Decided i would opt for a camo design, however i went for a custom one, hopefully it will now stand out on the ground and air and be the opposite of its name.

Also decided to add my flyer ID etc onto the design so its printed along with the design not a separate piece.

One on the underside of the MM and one on my controller between the antenna.

Looking forward to get some colour onto it!

Reactions: wjkrysak
Reactions: sirbadger
The Dystopian design looks great, i have just purchased form decalgirl myself, after reading on here that wrapgrade did great full cover options too.

Was it a relatively easy job to do? I am usually tinkering with this sort of stuff anyways but always good to get pointers from people who have had the opportunity to give it a go.

Decided i would opt for a camo design, however i went for a custom one, hopefully it will now stand out on the ground and air and be the opposite of its name.

Also decided to add my flyer ID etc onto the design so its printed along with the design not a separate piece.

One on the underside of the MM and one on my controller between the antenna.

Looking forward to get some colour onto it!
Thank you. I enjoy the Dystopian design. Set some time aside, lay out the skin, clean your aircraft, and patiently plan each decal before applying. Some adjustments are possible before it adheres. You will do fine. MM preskin.jpg MM skin.jpg mmdystopianskin.jpg What ever design you chose, I think it is worth the effort. Enjoy your flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada