DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Littleton, Colorado 80128

Jim Flannery K0UNX

de K0UNX, Jim in Jefferson County, Colorado
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Currently flying a P4. I have a Mavic on order. Location southern Jefferson County near Chatfield State Park. We have an aerodrome there, but mostly for fixed wing aircraft, and there isn't a lot of elbow room. Mostly fly in the foothills west of The Hogback. Open for additional suggestions and group fly's.

Lots of great places if you are willing to drive a little bit. Problem I've found is the gusty winds that you may encounter in some of the more interesting places. I've got photos videos from places like Red Feather Lakes, Deckers, and many of the Passes like Boreas, Georgia or Weston. Even just behind Central City by Apex Rd. and Mammoth Gulch has some really cool places. Guenella Pass is all paved now and there are plenty of good places to shoot.

I found some interesting scenery around the Daniel's Park area near Castle Pines North or even the Castle Rock "Rock". If you go West of 25 there is an open space area that is on a plateau that makes for some good footage...

I have an ADV motorcycle where I go through these lightly travelled places and try to shoot video/pics. The Mavic will be nice as it doesn't take up nearly the space my P4

Currently flying a P4. I have a Mavic on order. Location southern Jefferson County near Chatfield State Park. We have an aerodrome there, but mostly for fixed wing aircraft, and there isn't a lot of elbow room. Mostly fly in the foothills west of The Hogback. Open for additional suggestions and group fly's.

Reactions: Gritz and Icarus
I'm in the same zip code as you. I just started a "local drone pilot's group" and would like to extend an invitation to you. PM me at [email protected] and I'll exchange bona fides with you. Jim

First flight. First photo. Hogback is a great place to fly.

ac3b9b64f94f070040b2dfc5fef176e0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mavic unboxed two days ago. I've only done one test flight over my house in Aurora so far.

I'm on the mapping crew for TrailsOffroad.com and spend almost every weekend in Summit County. Can't wait to bring this thing uphill.

You can get great shots and video on the many 14ers and 13ers in Colorado. The Mavic is a game changer in terms of being able to fly at a lot of these spots.
What's the deal with drones and 14ers? Is it legal? I'd love to get some video from the few I plan on doing this summer. I'm a newbie with drones so a lot of learning to do.

sent from mobile device

What's the deal with drones and 14ers? Is it legal? I'd love to get some video from the few I plan on doing this summer. I'm a newbie with drones so a lot of learning to do.

sent from mobile device

It varies but generally you can fly there. You DJI Go or B4ufly will advise you.

Hi! I live in Superior, CO. Looking forward to connecting with folks!

FYI, My Mavic Pro was back ordered on Amazon till March 20 (after repeated delays) I cancelled my order Thursday and picked up the "Combo" at Mike's Camera in Boulder Friday evening. Got it in the air yesterday and love it! Sounds like they have a few more in the Front Range stores. Give Dave at Mike's in Boulder a call if you are looking, great guy
'Dawg (Rick)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60