DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live-streaming from Mavic air2

The live streaming feature is not available in the Fly app. Your best bet is to use a screen recorder or capture app that has live streaming. I use AZ Screen Recorder to record all flights. It acts as my visual flight recorder in case something goes wrong or I need to review a flight later. One of the options built into it is live streaming. It will allow you to stream the screen to Facebook or YouTube.

Reactions: toddlaroche
As above mentioned screen capture Apps are your best bet for streaming. Mind you it will use a lot of Data so hopefully you have unlimited Data. Also streaming to Youtube you will need over 1000 subs to stream from a mobile device.

As above mentioned screen capture Apps are your best bet for streaming. Mind you it will use a lot of Data so hopefully you have unlimited Data. Also streaming to Youtube you will need over 1000 subs to stream from a mobile device.
Looks like AZ Screen Recorder works with less than 1000 subs. I tried on the same phone to create a live streaming session through the YouTube app and it gave me the message about not having enough subs.

1632498843503.png

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Looks like AZ Screen Recorder works with less than 1000 subs. I tried on the same phone to create a live streaming session through the YouTube app and it gave me the message about not having enough subs.

View attachment 135258
Good to know.

The 1000 subs came about after terrorists were using the App to stream their acts of violence.

The live streaming feature is not available in the Fly app. Your best bet is to use a screen recorder or capture app that has live streaming. I use AZ Screen Recorder to record all flights. It acts as my visual flight recorder in case something goes wrong or I need to review a flight later. One of the options built into it is live streaming. It will allow you to stream the screen to Facebook or YouTube.
Hi Pappy.....I flying the MA-2 and using my Iphone to fly it. Do you know if AZ Screen Recorder will work
on the Apple Iphone IOS ? I would like to try it, but I saw that it seems to be for the Android Operating System
like a google based Smart Phone.....and BTW thank you for letting us know what your using for tools...Ron

Okay, so I realize this is old but wondering if anyone has had any luck streaming just the feed from the camera and not what is shown on the screen? Trying to make it a clean live feed without all the screen icons and what not. Is this even possible, even if it's a different drone what drone would that be?

I'm pretty sure that is not possible with our DJI drones as you would need to have an app or other technology catch the live feed before it gets to the controller kinda like you see with live drone racing. The ability to stream a "clean" feed is possible, I'm just not sure DJI gave us a way to do it.

The lowest latency I found was scrcpy sent to desktop, then through youtube near real time. Only problem was video loss which seems common in my area, but with scrcpy running, it seems to occur more frequently. This could be caused by the phone sending video to computer on same frequencies as the drone to controller.

OK - so I see there hasn't been a reply for the past 6 mos or so but I have a question regarding Live Streaming with the Mavic Air 2. I have been able to get the stream going but I would like to achieve a healthier stream. So for THOSE who have actually had success in streaming I would appreciate your input on making the steam more consistent (less buffering, etc.). Do you use a 3rd party app such as OBS, VLC, etc.??? If so, what protocols do you use to make it work. Thanks in advance for your response but please only respond if you operate (or have operated) a Mavic Air 2 and have used the live stream feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato