DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live streaming to facebook

Neil_Stapleton

Reactions
Hi all,

Is it possible to live stream to Facebook on android on the mavic? Heard different answers and also some people saying the quality is poor

Just a side-note about live streaming to Facebook. Once you start the livestream, don't forget to actually click record on the app just like always...if you want to save the recorded video to the SD card.

First time I did a FB livestream I somehow thought that starting the livestream would start normal recording as well, which I was wrong about. Sucks because it was actually a good video and I don't have any saved version of it except the choppy one that got posted to FB.

Reactions: Neil_Stapleton
The quality is pretty poor. It does however record your voice while you are flying through your phone's microphone.

Just as an FYI so you guys know.....YouTube functionality isn't actually totally broken. You can actually use YouTube pretty easily using RTMP..

1. Make sure you're logged into YouTube on your PC (these instructions are for a desktop)
2. Go to youtube.com/live_dashboard
3. At the bottom there's an Encoder Setup section. That address and that key are how you'll make this work in the DJI Go app
4. Take the URL + /[key] and paste that in the custom stream address box in the DJI Go app. This custom address option is at the bottom of the DJI Go app's streaming list
5. Keep your key private! It's essentially a password to live stream on your account. If you share it, anyone can broadcast under your name.

So for example, if my key is 12345, my URL is going to be rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/12345

It's that easy.

I've done two livestreams to Facebook and both times my video was not saved to my SD card. I could have sworn I was recording. Now I'm afraid to use live stream again.

Reactions: harryb
I've done two livestreams to Facebook and both times my video was not saved to my SD card. I could have sworn I was recording. Now I'm afraid to use live stream again.

That's what happened to me. I was later told that you have to actually still hit the record button if you want the video saved to the SD card or cached locally on your phone.

The live stream footage to facebook is horrendous. I haven't yet been able to stream anything in quality that is even decent.

I have heard that only iOS can do live streaming because the newer iPhones can utilize both cellular and wifi at the same time and android users are upset cause they can't

Reactions: RTJersek
I live stream from my Mavic onto Facebook every week via the Android Blade ZTE not a problem until I did it today. The video normally runs smoothly, plays okay, no issues at all. Downloaded the firmware 48 hours ago, went to live stream today and every 3-4 seconds it seems to fast forward. What is this all about and how can I stop this? I landed the craft and there was no issues, gimbal wasn't playing about, gimbal working fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929