DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live transmission video smearing

RickF1

Reactions
Just wondering how many of you experience this. I've attached a video with 3 times I've had this happen. Every time I have been recording a long video and around the 9 min mark it seems to happen. When I stop recording it corrects itself. Distance from home point doesn't seem to matter. Have around 50 flights logged. It's only happened these 3 times. Video on SD card is perfect. Using Mini 2, rc-n1 controller with s23 ultra as RC screen.

Last edited:
Just wondering how many of you experience this. I've attached a video with 3 times I've had this happen. Every time I have been recording a long video and around the 9 min mark it seems to happen. When I stop recording it corrects itself. Distance from home point doesn't seem to matter. Have around 50 flights logged. It's only happened these 3 times. Video on SD card is perfect. Using Mini 2, rc-n1 controller with s23 ultra as RC screen.

Sounds to me like your mobile device does have the resources to handle it.

Do you always record the screen when flying?

I use to do that with the Spark years ago and sometimes my device was sluggish.

If the footage from the card is good, then maybe the phone struggles a bit recording the screen and flying at the same time when getting to the nine minute mark.

Just a thought.🤔

Reactions: GFields
I’ve had a similar problem on my Mavic 2 Zoom using a 5th generation iPad, version 16.3.1.

The video feed is not as dramatically distorted, but rather a blurry line across the screen as if the information is interfered with as it’s arriving. Sometimes there is a ”hiccup” in the feed and the video skips a few frames.

I’ve had this happen mainly when the drone has gone at least 500 feet or more from home but with as many as four bars on the HD signal and five on the controller signal. However, it also happens when the drone is directly overhead.

Since I live in a rural are with no home power lines within 500 feet and no transmission lines within four miles I’ve attributed the interference to a weak broadcast signal (for whatever reason). The onboard s.d. card doesn’t show the same interference, but it is recording the video directly from the drone by wire.

I know my closest neighbor of 600 feet has a Wi-Fi system he uses to receive signals from remote cameras and have thought maybe that’s the source of interference. However, the interference happens when I’m flying 500 feet in the opposite direction.

Which brings me to another question suggested above. Could the problem be in my iPad which is “mis-receiving“ the signal and repeating the flaw in its recording?

I do live in a heavily wooded area, but the trees are all bare now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom